Saturday, 31 August 2013

It's good to be free

I've updated my BJD crew page with a change of names for my crew. I guess I've been feeling like I have to keep "settling" for how I want them to look because the style and clothing I want just isn't readily available. Now, I've decided to go back to my "roots" and go ahead with my original plan of what I wanted. These dolls are supposed to be representations of characters from various random stories so why try to force them into one storyline?


Unfortunately, that means my still blank Dollshe Saint Head #2 will have to wait even longer for a face up as the first two to have their faces redone will be my Shushu twins. Currently they are sporting a face up by Andreja. The face ups are lovely but no longer suit the character I envision of Myst and Ophelia. (Those wigs are for show only, not meant to be the actual wig style for the characters).

I feel a whole lot better about the collection now that I've decided to go with my gut and have been able to incorporate the three dolls that had been on my "possible adoption" list. This has the added benefit of now giving me a very clear idea of how I want these characters styled.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is exciting :D

    I get what you mean that sometimes you feel like you have to stick to a certain type of look because you cannot find the clothing you would like. I had that sort of happen with a couple of characters, not exactly about the clothes but the looks (wigs and eyes), and then you feel really frustrated because they just don't feel right... I hope this works for you and you manage to make your characters really come to life!!!

    Can't wait to see what you do with them ;) I love your twins btw! Shushus are so great <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's spot on - the characters just feel like they haven't reached their full potential. My plan is to try and mix and match some clothing and attempt to make extra bits that I can't get a hold of. Hopefully it all works out.

      I love makeovers. Because it's like getting a new doll. Now I just have to try and get a slot with the face up artist I want to use.

      Delete