She is a Luts Kid Delf Litchi, yet another unpopular sculpt that I happen to like. What is it with me and liking unpopular sculpts? I intend to get her in the real brown skin which I rather like with the Luts face up which I also like a lot.
For those who are aware, I have been searching for a gypsy girl in the MSD size for quite a while and I've always thought this sculpt would make a perfect gypsy since I saw her. Owner photos of her however are hard to find and are not numerous.
It's ironic that I have come full circle given that when I first started in this hobby, I stayed away from Luts because they were among the more well known and popular companies and in my experience, popular brands never live up to my expectations of them. However, since getting my KDF Maska, I have not been disappointed. The quality of these dolls are quite lovely and the ease with which I am able to pose them is astounding. I kind of wish I hadn't let their popularity become a deterrent all these years.
In other news, I have come to the conclusion that MSD size is the size I like best and makes up the bulk of my collection. I do still like the SD size but more and more, that size is becoming more display than play. And ever since I got my Pukifees, I've realised the realpuki size isn't really for me. It's too small and Yo-SDs are too big but Pukifees are a good tiny size. However, I don't plan on getting anymore. Two is enough for an experience in that size.
What this means is that I have finally made the decision on who is going, now all I have to do is take photos and work out shipping costs (which won't be cheap thanks to Australia Post and its ever increasing prices.)
At the moment, it is looking like at least 7-8 full dolls will be up for sale and 1-2 heads.
Luts Kid Delf Litchi really is sweet!!! I love your plans for her and I am really curious about her character, hopefully you will be able to get her soon ;) (I am loving your complex characters and stories btw!)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about preferring your MSD, I feel exactly the same! I find that Serena is gorgeous but she is kind of hard to handle, I feel much more comfortable with my minis. I have been wondering about selling a couple of tinies too since lately I don't seem to care much about them anymore. But then I am afraid I'll miss them... oh well but I have a hard time selling dolls!
I am curious to see who stays and who goes, but I am glad that you came to a decision :)
Good luck with the sales!
Thank you! I write a lot of short stories (mostly because my discipline doesn't always extend as far as novel writing!) It's funny actually, it used to be that my Sims were the ones who represented my story characters, now it's the bjds that do that.
DeleteThe trouble with selling is that you make the decision to sell, but whether the doll sells or not is another matter entirely and lately, I keep hearing about troublesome buyers (and sellers) so it's making it difficult to want to put anything up on the secondhand market. I honestly don't need that additional stress in my life right now...
I've been researching that real skin brown colour of Luts and sometimes it looks lovely but in other photos it doesn't look so crash hot so I don't know what to think!!
Popularity can be a double edged sword some times. It's nice to have something a bit different, and some of the unknown companies have beautiful dolls, but the popular ones usually became popular for a reason ... and the ease of getting clothes is always nice.
ReplyDeleteWow 7-8 dolls on the way out. Good luck with the sales :)
Problem is I tend to have a knee jerk reaction to popular things a lot of times. I usually go out of my way to avoid anything popular because I've just found that what's popular never aligns to my taste but in this case ... I guess I would be wrong in that.
DeleteThanks although I am already having second thoughts about some of the sculpts I was thinking of selling. It's such a hassle to sell anything these days and stressful. Debating whether I should invite that kind of stress in right now with everything else I'm trying to "handle".