That and I can't go past a 15% off sale without at least looking. This is why I love and hate this time of year. My wallet is always the poorer for it.
She is an Aquarius Doll Jessie, their newest Tiny line of dolls (which are pretty much the same size as Pukifees). It even has the name of my star sign. Now that's fate!
I ordered her in the light brown skin which I simply adore. And I love that she has such a grumpy face. My husband liked Nicky better because (in his words), "He/She doesn't look so grumpy as Jessie." But I do so love those grumpy faces. (Not to mention this shot of her by AQR is so very Wren.)
I guess I could say this is a Christmas present to myself.
She will be the new "Wren", Kestrel's long suffering tormentor. I will still get the Bimong Chuu if it does ever get re-released but the last time I was told by another artist that something was going to be re-released, it never happened so I'll believe it when I see it.
I have plans to (hopefully) shift more resin in 2014, a few of the MSDs and I'd really like to maybe move on at least one or two of my bigger dolls in the SD size. After that, who knows.
My, how our tastes change.
The best way to not be tempted by new dolls, unplug the internet.

She's quite the cutie!!! I love her!
ReplyDeleteIsn't she just? I love the shape of her mouth. It's so ... pouty.
DeleteCongratulations! She's got such a cute, grumpy little face.... <3
ReplyDeleteThanks! She does at that. I can't wait for her to arrive. Now begins the dreaded wait...
DeleteOh I like her, that's a face that'll suit you for sure! Congrats on her! Didja get her in tan? Oooh, you know who she reminds me of is DES! She has delicate and serious features like DES does to me. So now I think she suits you even better!
ReplyDeleteI just had an unexpected purchase myself, what is it about this time of year that makes us go nuts and buy resin?
So, with this new little one, do you feel your collection taking a different direction?
Thanks! I did end up ordering her in their light brown skin which is essentially their tan. And now that you mention it, she does have that serious DES vibe going on.
DeleteOooh you know I'm going to have to ask what that unexpected purchase is right? Sounds intriguing. I'm trying to guess and wondering if it's the one you wanted but wasn't sure about from FL?
Hm, no I don't think the collection is going in a different direction. I think it's more that I've accepted now that I like different sizes for different reasons. Although, I can't do smaller than 16cm for the Tiny size. On the other hand, I don't foresee an army of Tiny resins. I max my Tiny group out at only two. So Kestrel and 'new' Wren will be my two. And the Yo group is maxed out at one so I will have to decide between Bluefairy and Bimong (depending if Chuu is re-released.)