To distract myself, I decided it was high time to do all those things that bugged me about Vin's body. Now that one of the loose torso pieces was glued, I could put him back together again. I ended up sueding his head though because it kept wanting to flick down all the time. Drove me bonkers.
To lead you into the rest of the photos, here's an upbeat song by Lenka that always makes me feel a bit more positive.
Warning: One photo contains censored nude doll.
I still can't believe that just a few years ago, I was so scared of restringing a doll. Now I don't mind it. The only doll I am still wary when it comes to stringing is the Minifees and that is mostly the neck piece section rather than the rest of the doll.
It really does look like doll surgery doesn't it? Chopsticks are my best friends when stringing.
Vin is the "cool" kid of the Misfit group. He's also pretty charming when it comes to the ladies but it's just that, charm. His heart belongs to Kianna and always has.





He is so cool! I love his look :) I am quite curious to see him with Kianna, how do they look together?
ReplyDeleteI was so afraid of stringing dolls too at the beginning! Now I am completely comfortable with it too, however it is a pain and a lot of work ...but it relaxes me to do it if I have time to spare. :)
They don't look too bad together now they both have puffy hair! I still need to get a photo of the Misfit gang, actually, it's probably time to get a photo of everyone that is here...
DeleteI always end up injuring my hands though when I get to the feet part of stringing. I do it myself so there's a lot of huffing and puffing involved and cursing too!