It's a bit cloudy today but was the perfect opportunity to go and take a few quick snaps with the newest addition to the crew. What looked to be grass turned out to be weeds ... with teeth. After a very quick photo session, I had to lather myself with some lotion that soothes itching. The things we do for a photo; shame I didn't think to drag out a towel to kneel on. Might have saved myself the terror of being bitten. On the bright side, hubby is out mowing that section of the lawn now so payback can be so sweet.



Don't go in the long grass!!! Wait... Wrong kind of weeds with teeth XD
ReplyDeleteShe is super cute ;) and that's a great idea... I should take a little hand towel for kneeling around with me too... Although, around here right now, we don't even know what that green stuff is that your girl is standing in XD
Well, I thought it was grass but apparently they are weeds and in the close up of her, you can see the "leaves" have some sharp looking blades to them. They're resilient things, weeds. We've tried to kill off a few around the yard and they just keep growing back.
DeleteI used to know someone who was studying photography at the local university and she said that a towel is your best friend whenever you have to do outdoor shoots especially when it's things close to the ground. She used to keep one in her car for when she had to do shoots for her assignments.
It took four hours for the itching to completely go away. Lesson learned!
Ouch! But you got some lovely pictures out of it! (The towel is a really good idea - I'm always crouching in odd contortions for outside pictures... LOL)
ReplyDeleteI admit, I am glad I got some nice photos outside. I like using natural daylight for my shoots. I am sure the neighbours think I'm some crazy lady with a doll when I manage to get out in the yard with them. The things we do for our dolls huh?
DeleteHaha! I laughed so much at the title! Poor you...better be careful with weeds! Lol, doll pictures really put us in such uncomfortable situations :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures though! Her little grumpy face is just too adorable <3
At least now I know to take a towel with me when I go down to that side of the house again. I was also trying to be quick because I have nosey, judging neighbours.
Delete