Tuesday, 18 February 2014

The Shimmering Copper

In this post, I mentioned entering a lottery to be able to purchase one of the new Integrity ITBE dolls. To my surprise, I was one of the lottery winners which meant I could buy my very first "official" first hand (brand new) fashion royalty doll.

I had entered for the Shimmering Copper doll. Her vibrant red hair and haughty expression drew me, this was a doll who knew what she wanted!

Today, after what seems like a very long time but was in actual fact two days shy of the two week mark, she arrived. I braved a torrential downpour to pick her up from the post office as I wasn't home when the postie tried to deliver her.



Integrity know how to package their dolls in an attractive way. Although this one is not as elaborate as the Monsieur Z doll boxes, I still love the simple but elegant style with that clear window pane to allow a tantalising glimpse of the doll inside.



And here she is still attached but now fully revealed in all her glory.


Now, let's get up close and personal.


I really love that they attached lashes to her. I have noticed this is a thing with Integrity dolls and I have never seen this before on a fashion doll. Look at those sultry lips.

Unlike the Poppy Parker line (with the flat feet allowing them to stand on their own, or so I've heard), this girl comes with the familiar standard heel style feet with lovely painted toenails.


And on the gorgeous hands as well. These are not too bad at posing. They have a neutral straight position and can also flex up and down.


The shoes aren't the plastic style ones I have seen on other dolls like Monster High but made out of some sort of shiny material.


The dress does not use velcro but zippers and clips, doll sized! Talk about attention to detail.


They also have joints at the elbow, knee and have a three part torso. I believe her body is the classic FR style. I have to say, I am impressed. If this is one of their Basic lines, I'd love to get my hands on one of their more expensive lines. And just like my Azone doll, there is a lovely velvety feel to this vinyl.

And for some spam ...


Lovely profile of her. Love the shape of her eyes.


Introducing the character of Victoria Swan. She is part owner of Cloud Nine along with her best friend, Vivian Winters (not yet shelled - possibly one of the Poppy Parker doll lines).


Victoria: Enough with the photos. It's making my hair frizz out.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the lottery for her! She's pretty, what great hair! They did a great job on her face too (are they called faceups with fashion dolls?? I have no idea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've seen some people call it screening but I tend to just call it face painting as that's what it is essentially.

      I love this girl quite a lot. Everything about her is so amazing. I've really started getting into these Fashion Dolls.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! She's very striking with her pale skin and red hair. I love her attitude too. :) Her dress is quite lovely and I'm impressed with how detailed it is—Integrity really makes some nice clothing and shoes, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, I really love that combination (My AOD girl is the same, pale skin, red hair). I wasn't sure what to expect as I've never ordered from Integrity before but if this doll is their basic line, I am super keen to get my hands on one of their other lines. I do like the Poppy Parker and Nu Face lines too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was an anxious wait as it was around the time we were having really heavy rain.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on her!!! She is so stunning, her hair and face look awesome! I am not that into fashion dolls but I have to say I quite like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is much more stunning in person that's for sure! Shame they don't stand on their own though, that's my only gripe but I think I might have been spoiled by bjds in that regard.

      Delete