What struck me about this girl was that very bold look she has going on. I rather like that given my penchant for faces that look like they could take care of themselves.
As usual, a simple but elegant box again from Integrity. I really love this unadorned black packaging with the very lovely gold lettering.
This is a body that reminds me a little of the Monsieur Z doll bodies but slightly bigger and better. Two part torso here. She also uses the handspeak system for her hands (meaning they can be pulled out and reinserted like the Azone Pureneemo girls.)
These are the clothing pieces that came with her. There are instructions on how to put it together. After a quick read though, I think they wrote it for people more familiar with sewing to understand. I can't figure out how the bodice pieces are meant to go together.
Overall, I am really impressed with her and had I not known she is made of vinyl, I would have probably mistaken her for resin as she has a similar feel but with a rougher texture plus she's tons lighter.
She is probably going to be the last of the FR dolls for a bit as the ones I want are either no longer available or have very high secondhand prices which I am not willing to pay. I've been fairly lucky so far to have gotten all my FR dolls at retail or below retail prices and all have come brand new (unopened by their previous owners plus with all their clothing and accessories intact/included).
I really wanted one of the Poppy Parker dolls but not only are they insanely popular but hard to get (unless you happen to be a member of the Integrity Toys club). And the secondhand prices are again very high for this model. So chances are not realistic that I'll ever get one of these dolls at the "right" price. Easy come, easy go I guess.
Ah, the collector's hobby. You love it, you hate it, but as long as it brings a smile to your face, it's worth every penny.





I can absolutely see why you call her a commanding presence! Even in pictures she has a definite attitude, and I'm really loving it. I love a strong female with an attitude, haha. :) I especially love her look in that last picture: "You really put me in this, you silly human? I will work it, but you will paaay..." :D
ReplyDeleteAlso, she even has polish on her toes...that is just beyond amazing. I love details like that. :) (I probably wouldn't wear red polish with a light blue dress, but I guess it's the classic choice...oh well, I just adore blue polish, that might be the issue!)
You could always try posting the instructions for the dress on your blog - that's what I'd do and then cross my fingers that some of the talented people in the hobby are willing to help me, haha. :)
I love females with attitude myself! And you know what, she does seem like she's saying that doesn't she. I guess I shouldn't procrastinate too long on her dress then...
DeleteMost of these dolls seem to come with polish on their fingers and toes which is pretty neat. I don't wear polish myself (allergy to nail polish and acetone).
Thanks for the suggestion. I might do that if I can't figure it out. I think it's the bodice shape that is throwing me off a bit as it's not shaped like some of the bodice pieces I've sewed before for other dolls.
She's got a femme fatale look to her, I think. She is really gorgeous. I love the combination of her dark hair and blue eyes. I think she'll look good with your Monsieur Z girls.
ReplyDeleteI seem to be drawn to very similar face features for these FR ladies. I was looking at them all in the cabinet earlier today and realised how close they were in their face painting and the shape in particular of the eyes and lips. I love the dark hair, blue eyes combination quite a lot. I haven't been able to get this combo for any of my resin girls yet. Was hoping to make my Heeah be that combo but having a bit of trouble with her wig because she has such a small head.
DeleteWhat size wig does Heeah wear? Have you tried Facets by Maria (http://www.facetsbymarcia.com/wigshop.htm)? She has many sizes of Monique Gold wigs. They don't look that great in the sales photos, and require a bit of styling when you get them (i.e. they need to be sprayed, with a fabric softener and water mixture, to keep the fly-away hairs at bay).
DeleteI think she is a straight 6 inch. I do have a wig for her from Marcia (6-7inch) and it fits but is still a bit loose. 5-6inch is too small. I'm waiting on another Monique wig in a different style so hopefully that one might work ...
DeleteWhat ratio of softener to water do you use for the mixture? I've always wondered how to tame those Monique wigs. I've had a few but the fly-aways do end up driving me insane.
I'm not sure of the exact ratio. I just eyeball it: I use a very small spray bottle and add about 1/2 - 1cm of softener then fill the rest with water—a little goes a long way. I really helps tame the fly-aways though. After awhile, the wig will get a build-up of softener and you can just wash it in Woolite, or a gentle shampoo, and then condition it with softener again.
DeleteP.S. I found the bottle that I use (it's almost a 2oz bottle). It used to contain a Wig Treatment that I got from Dollmore. However, when I was using their product, I realized it smelled like fabric softener, so when I ran out, I just mixed up some of my own. Much cheaper!
DeleteThanks for the information. I will have to try this method for the Monique wigs I have here at the moment.
DeleteI have seen that Dollmore spray. I've always wondered if it worked okay. Have wanted to try it but am wanting until I have things I actually want from there. I am sure I can find a little spray like that somewhere ...