Friday, 7 March 2014

The Crane Girl is Born

This girl was an unplanned purchase, in that I was browsing Ebay Australia one night and saw this girl being auctioned by a seller in Australia. Of course, I had to try for her and she arrived today. Three days! It is always a novelty for me whenever I buy something from within Australia. It arrives super fast.



She is one of Integrity Toys Fashion Royalty line, Dynamite Girls. In this instance, she is from the Back to Brooklyn themed sets. I believe she's the Neve model. Once again, a second hand doll that was never opened and left in her packaging.





I had thought to make her the Alice character in my story but ... I just could not get the name Alexia Crane out of my head so that's who she is.

Snug inside her case. Got to hand it to Integrity, they really make their doll packaging so appealing. Simple but elegant. Again, I am finding it so great that they come with clothing, shoes and accessories. So different from ordering bjds unless you get a fullset.


 Close up of that gorgeous face. I really love the tone of her vinyl, it's such a rich, warm colour. And the make up wasn't as bold as it looks on a few owner photos I have seen, which was great.


Out of the box and sitting on her saddle stand thing. I love her outfit. I've since removed her shirt and tie (that was a struggle and a half!) and added her silver hooped earrings which I adore.

More on her when I post up her official character introduction. Overcast day today but I was just too darn excited.

5 comments:

  1. She's quite lovely! I like her outfit too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! She is a pretty neat size too.

      Delete
  2. She's really pretty and her outfit is really cute too. It's really fun to get dolls that you don't have to worry about getting wigs or eyes or clothes for. What luck that she was in Australia all ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, isn't it just? I love getting dolls that i don't have to get anything for. It's such a novelty. I think I am kind of getting a bit addicted to it though! Still wanting one of those Hot Toys figures, tossing between Captain Harlock or Loki. Better get saving I guess.

      Delete
    2. Be careful with Hot Toys, they are super-addictive! ;) You can't go wrong with Loki although I recommend the Loki from the Avengers movie (personally, I don't think the Loki sculpt from Thor: The Dark World figure, which is coming out sometime later this year, resembles Tom Hiddleston as closely; of course, all that's been seen so far is the prototype, so the official release could look different). The Captain Harlock figure looks absolutely amazing too.

      Delete