Thursday, 24 April 2014

Little Miss Green

I was thinking today, I have not bought a single BJD this year yet. (We won't go into how many FR dolls I've bought to date though!) I thought it fitting that today, I should focus on the last BJD to arrive here back in January (ordered in December 2013), Wren. I am still longing to find that perfect Yo-SD to shell my rebellious, scary goth girl, Hope. Her name is kind of ironic given her nature. I have at least two sculpts that could work for her but I am hanging out to see what else is released this year.

Without further ado, I present Wren.



I seem to be putting her in a lot of dresses which she doesn't like so much. I know, I am so slack. I really need to order her some of her own outfits so she doesn't have to continually keep raiding Kestrel's wardrobe. Besides, Kestrel is kind of girly and cute, things Wren definitely is not. I think it explains why she always looks so grumpy in photos.



I found those little flowers on my bookshelf and thought it'd make a nice pillow for her. Incidentally, I actually never realised Wren had eyelashes with her default face up! They don't tend to stand out in photos unless you get really close.


It's a shame the photo bug hits me during the evenings. I depend so much on natural lighting and I don't have any sort of official set up for "night shooting". But I am still pleased how this turned out.


This one was a bit of an experiment. I have three Macros filters and decided to try stacking them on top of each other. I managed to get a lot closer than I have before although it does tend to give the image a heavily soft focus look. I don't mind it too much. I really must find myself the 10+ Macros filter though. Apparently you can see ants with those! (One day, I will put enough away for a proper Macros lens but right now, that money keeps being used for other things! Like maybe a Nintendo 3DS ...hmm).

5 comments:

  1. I love these shots! They're great... and Wren is such a cutie, I love her unamused little expression. :)

    I love your restraint too... I need it with Neemos. I think I should develop a story and only buy characters for said story. I find myself adopting all of these random, unexpected Neemo girls though... gah!!!

    I can't wait to see Kestrel when she comes into being (I've got a girl named Kestrel too... I had a Wren as well, LOL... I'm stuck on bird names... they're so great!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you like bird names as much as I do. When I first named them, I had planned to dress them in those bird colours but then I saw all these pretty little dresses and well ...here we are today.

      Kestrel is my Pukifee Mio which I haven't photographed much lately. The problem with that line of dolls is those heads, they are so heavy, they continually just want to flick backwards and not hold their positions. I should look at glue sueding that area but she's so so tiny that I haven't had the courage to do that yet.

      This girl however has perfect posing. She just poses very easily and Aquariusdoll did such a fantastic job on her. Given her size, she is a lot easier for me to pose than my Pukifee by a long shot. She might not be able to do some of the more natural poses achieved by a Pukifee but she still does some pretty amazing poses.

      I think that's kind of what happens to me with the FR and Pureneemo dolls. I can't seem to hold my restraint in order with them (as evidenced by that pre-order last night of Aika - I really didn't need that doll but you know, she was so cute and all and that cheeky little smile ...how could I resist?)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh, yeah... I always have a problem with dolls that pose poorly, it's why I sold my Lati Yellow... I think they're the cutest dolls ever, but dang if it doesn't aggrivate me trying to pose them!

      ... and maybe you didn't *need* Aika... but I have to say, she's got the best little devious smile... one of the few Pure Neemo who look like they're up to something XD

      Delete
  2. She's so dear! I love the green theme you have going on with her. It's great to hear that she is a good little poser too. It's hard to find little ones that pose well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love my Pukifee, her head is so heavy and it does drive me up the wall when I try to pose that head! So it was a blessing when this situation didn't happen with my AQ Jesse. She is perfectly balanced which is lovely and very easy to pose.

      Delete