Sunday, 6 April 2014

Much Ado About Red

Caitlin (AOD Qian) is my one and only SD girl here. Although I find a lot of SD girls that are quite  beautiful, I've never really found any I wanted to own except for AOD Qian. She has and always been the only SD girl I've ever wanted. Yes, we've had our ups and downs (who hasn't?) but I think I've finally come to grips with who she is as a character and as a doll. I'm still flexible enough that I will no doubt try another wig style on her at some stage but overall, I am quite happy with how she has turned out.


Note that she is the revamped Qian sculpt (Version 2). For some reason, AOD decided to tweak all their sculpts and re-release them under the same name. No one really knows the reason behind this but I have found the difference, at least with this sculpt, very minimal.


Musical Score: The Calling ~ Wherever You Will Go

Caitlin Moore is my resident photographer character. She previously worked as a journalist for a local newspaper but gave it up to pursue her love of photography. She mostly takes freelance work and is the go-to photographer for a lot of the local bands. She is also the exclusive photographer for Blue Rhapsody, her twin brother's band of which he is also the lead singer and guitarist.

Her style is a mix of casual/mori with a focus on comfort and free movement. She's currently engaged to Xavier Underwood, part-time fiction writer in his spare time and manager of Blue Rhapsody. He is also the piano / keyboard player for the band.







6 comments:

  1. She's really beautiful. I love her delicate and slightly dreamy look. Also, she makes a lovely red-head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she has been through many character changes, this one but she's always remained a redhead. My plan was to have her with green eyes and red hair but when I put the blue eyes in, it kind of stuck and she's been a blue eyed red head since.

      Delete
  2. As usual, she's gorgeous. I love her look, and those eyes!

    And isn't wonderful when a character suddenly comes together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! I am finally happy with her which is nice. Still have to flesh out more of her backstory but I'm not really in a hurry. She's one of those characters I tend to develop as I go.

      And to think, she almost got green eyes! I am kind of glad I tried this colour on her. I think she looks much better with blue than the intended green eyes.

      Delete
    2. I agree I love the blue. Green might have been ok, in the right shade, but blue really pops.

      I can't wait to read more about her!

      I assume she's on the AOD body? Is she really kicky? I may have to restring Sage (nooooooo!!!!! not with that neck piece D: ), she barely stands all of a sudden. I've even got her wired. I wonder if she's tightened and sueded in her knees she'd stop...

      Delete
    3. Yep, she's on the AOD body but that body was bought back in 2010. I have never had to restring my AOD body but it is still a bit kicky. She stands perfectly though which is why I don't want to really mess too much with her current stringing. I've had dolls that have been strung great from the company but then after I restring them, they don't stand as well etc so if I don't really have to, I don't bother restringing. Although I have noticed she might be needing one in another year I reckon. Her knees aren't as stable as they used to be.

      When I eventually have to restring my AOD girl, I will definitely be sueding her knee joints just to give it more stability.

      Delete