Sunday, 30 November 2014

Another Lazy Sunday

I have a Christmas to-do-list that is growing longer by the day but lack of motivation to do them so I decided it was time to try and take photos of my only SD couple, Xavier and Deirdre. You'll notice I often take photos of my dolls alone, that is because I have a hard time trying to take a decent photo of more than one doll in a picture, something I am trying to work on.

But before we get to the photos, I was browsing that wonderful world of Etsy today and came across two sellers (Moonchild and Zlotyptak)  who sell doll dioramas. They do such amazing work. This is the kind of diorama that I am wanting to build to house not only the Tiny dolls but also the MSD dolls. Maybe during the Christmas break...

On to the photos...



4 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I understand that dilemma. I'll get one to stand okay, then the other leans and they both come down or I can't get them to both look in right direction. But looking at your photos today, I'd say you succeeded in capturing them nicely.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've tried several times now to take family photos but with 14 dolls, it gets quite stressful trying to get them to pose just right and then having the photo turn out halfway decent (which is rare). I'd love to know the secret to family shots as I see so many great ones out there in the community.

      Delete
  2. I always have issues taking pics of more than one doll. It's so hard! And I really like natural posing, so anything even remotely awkward looking will ruin a whole shot for me (which is one reason I'm moving away from Jointed hands). You're pictures look great! They really look like they're posing together, instead of being posed together if that makes sense. It's kind of making me want to try again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about group shots but they are very trying to get right that's for sure!

      Thank you. I really hope you do decide to take some group photos and post them up!

      Delete