First, the history: every Christmas, since I started collecting bjds, hubby has always organised something doll related for me. In past years, it had been a photobook comprised of photos I had taken that year of my dolls. This year was something entirely unexpected...
There was a painting on the lounge room wall that I've been itching to replace and I had mentioned it to him. He held me off by saying we'd have a look together after Christmas for something. That was only because he had organised this for me:
It is a canvas print composed from all the doll photos I have taken from 2010-2014. It's hard to see unless you get extremely close enough to see the individual doll photos that make up the entire image. It's pretty neat how this can be done. It has a place of prominence in my lounge room.
I always am thankful I have a partner that, whilst he can't really understand the attraction to bjds (and the price tags that go with them) still supports me in his own way when it comes to my hobbies.
On that note, I wish everyone a fantastic and prosperous 2015! See you all in the New Year!
In the meantime, I'll enjoy what remains of the first actual holiday I've had from work in three years.

Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteWhat an unusual and lovely gift, and from such a thoughtful husband no less! We are both very lucky to have partners who are supportive of our interests, even though they don't fully understand the attraction.
I have really enjoyed getting to know you this year and look forward to more dolly chats in 2015.
Hugs,
X
P.S. I did try to comment earlier, but then I lost it. If I've doubled up just delete this one.
I've found blogspot chews up my comments too particularly if I comment and then log in. I've got into the habit of copying the comment to a wordpad and then logging in in case it chews it up.
DeleteIt's always great to have partners who support our hobbies isn't it?
Definitely more dolly chats in the new year! I'm keeping everything crossed your Luts doll gets to you quickly.
Wow, that is amazing!! What a fantastic gift :D
ReplyDeleteHave a great holiday, and see you in 2015!
You can count on that! I'm looking forward to seeing what your Kara Klums have in store for us in the coming year. Have a great one!
DeleteX3 *hugs*
DeleteYou have a great husband! That was a very thoughtful and unique gift~
ReplyDeleteHappy new year for you too!! Have a great great year!
I think I hit the jackpot with him. One Christmas, he even made me a tiny bed for the Tinies. I haven't made them a bedspread yet though!
DeleteHave a great New Year whatever you end up doing! Looking forward to seeing more of your dolls in the coming year.
What a wonderful gift! It's made all the more special since it's something your husband had created for you.
ReplyDeleteHe's a pretty clever lad. And it's nice to have something up on the wall to look at now too.
DeleteSuch a beautiful gift! How wonderful and thoughtful of him. :) My husband also accepts the hobby, although I'm not sure he'd allow me to hang a picture like that, much less get it made for me. Must be pretty awesome to constantly have a reminder like that hanging of your favorite things in life. :)
ReplyDeleteI really love looking at it and I am very lucky that my husband is both creative and thoughtful. He tries to do at least something doll-related for me every Christmas which is nice.
Delete