Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Trial and Error

The three tier skirt was a disaster so I will have to try that again some other time. However, I did end up having a pretty productive day. I completed a cushion cover for the SDs.


I initially tried using my sewing machine but ended up throwing it in for handsewing instead. My machine and I just don't get along.

I also finished some "chilling out" pants for Deirdre.



This is the second attempt. The first didn't fit her at all.

I also gave one of Xavier's wig a bit of a cut. Need to work on it a bit more I think.


Preparing the lad for his style cut.


Starting from the bottom layers...


Still needs a bit more work but I got a headache by this stage and needed to take a big long break. I think I need to figure out how to "de-bulk" bits of the wig so his hair isn't so big-ish.

And I'm almost done with the shirt/sweater for Rune. I used a Littlefee pattern so hopefully it fits.

Oh and I bought the floors for Kestrel and Wren's room. I just need to glue them to the base and then stain them.

10 comments:

  1. Nice prodcutive day!!! I only did a necklace for my Lady Alice as a welcome gift XD!!! I like the wig shorter and fuller like you have it already, it reminds me of my old self x) Now I feel I have less hair but whatever lol
    That wooden like floor looks very realistic, I've tried to find something nice to use as floor for dioramas but there's nothing here I could use so I never do anything in the end :P

    I love the pants you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should post a photo of your necklace! I love making doll jewellery too.

      I'm glad you don't think the wig is too 'big'. I was a bit worried it might look that way. I actually need to get my hair cut back to that length again! Summer heat is not ideal for long hair.

      The pants were supposed to be leggings but they ended up a bit wider. First was too small, second was a bit wider, maybe third time is the charm?

      This one I think is Balsa wood which is supposed to be eco friendly. It's really lightweight which is nice. This kind of stuff doesn't pop up too often at our craft stores but I was lucky enough that it was there when I went.

      The other way you could possibly try flooring is to get a piece of wood the size of the floor you want and actually draw lines with a pencil to indicate floorboards and then stain it. This was the other method I was going to go with if I couldn't find anything to make a "proper" wood floor.

      Delete
  2. Sorry the skirt didn't work out, but the pants look great! I can't wait to see the finished room. I keep wanting to do rooms for my tinies - the pukis and the Pukifee sized dolls (I keep calling them that even though I don't even own a PKF) but I just don't know where to start.

    ha ha I use napkins and paper towels to cut hair like that too! The last time I cut Alex's wig I didn't. Huge mistake. He still has green hairs all over him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'd love to have a tan PKF. I really like Fairyland's tan but not sure if that will happen. Mostly because the pukifee I fell in love with is Mio and I already have her!

      I am determined to make the skirt work eventually. I just need to be more patient with it.

      The first time I cut a doll wig, I didn't use napkins and found the hair stuck to everything so I learned with this one. Plus it makes them look like they are at a hairdressers!!

      Delete
    2. I've seen FL tan in person a couple times, it is nice. I got a trade offer yesterday for a tan Celine boy....we'll see how he works out. I think it photographs way different than it looks, but you could say that for just about any tan I guess XD
      Mio is adorable! I like her in all sizes I think. If you did get one in tan, with a different faceup she probably wouldn't even look like the same doll! you should totally do it.

      I never learn. I'm always sitting there with the dolls and suddenly get the urge to cut the hair and just do it...then whine about how I'm still finding doll hair on me days later....

      Delete
  3. Oh I like the way you cut the wig! It looks great :)
    Also your room floor project seems interesting, I'm definitely looking forward to what it'll look like once finished~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm getting braver with experimenting on wigs. I have a few more styles I want to test run with the bunch of wigs I have here that none of my dolls ever use.

      It'll take a while. I am not allowed to handle power tools so have to wait for the hubby to cut my floor base to size for me.

      Delete
  4. Well haven't you been a busy little bee Alasse? That's a terrific job you have done with the sewing, the cushion looks great and the pants are very stylish. I'm so proud of you for not giving up when things went wrong with the skirt. Like the hair cut as is, I think the fullness suits his face. The planks look very realistic and should make a lovely floor.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt great that I was able to achieve so many things in one day. I need to set aside days like this more often. And thank you for the kind words! I have to admit, I wasn't going to let a skirt beat me. It ignited by determination and I will make the skirt work one day.

      I was concerned the hair was too big on him so I'm glad to hear that it suits his face.

      Can't wait to stain those planks. Wonder if I can convince hubby to cut that floor base for me this weekend ...

      Delete