This girl had me so stressed as she had been stuck in a post office down south for days and hadn't moved. I'm glad she arrived finally.
She was an unexpected purchase. I hadn't really paid much attention to any of Fairyland's event heads for the past year but I was browsing the MP (as you do) and found this particular head coming up for sale again and again. When I noticed one of the sellers was in Australia, I procrastinated on her for a week or two. Luckily, she was still available from that seller when I decided to buy her. She's not normally a sculpt I go for but something about the shape of her eyes and lips really called out to me.
This sculpt is not very popular. Owner photos are hard to find but I managed to see two owner photos that showed me the potential of the sculpt. (I'm not very handy with mock face ups in photoshop and my few attempts kinda bombed so finding owner photos was a must.)
There are a few interesting things about this sculpt, one of which are these magnets inserted into the side of her head. This makes me think that you could perhaps attach horns? I have some horns but haven't tried them on her yet. I will do that a bit later.
It is something different I haven't seen before from Fairyland (in my limited experience with their sculpts). I also suspect this could be the reason why the head cap is kind of loose, to the extent that it comes off inside the wig cap of a wig when you remove said wig. I will have to find a way of trying to get around this.
I had hoped I could do a comparison with the OE Shushu head but that head was sold last week so I had to make do with the smaller modded Shushu head. The Halloween head isn't quite as melon headed as Shushu. I think it has a more realistic proportion personally.
It would be nice if a doll that came here could actually wear existing wigs. It would save me from having to buy new wigs all the time. Unfortunately this girl is no exception. She is wearing some temporary wigs and eyes here. I am planning to go smaller with the eye size and I have not yet decided on a hair colour or style for her yet. I have decided on a name though. I've always wanted to use this name for a doll but so far, no one has fitted the name until now.
This girl will be named Clara.
Profile shot of her. I rather find the slope of her nose adorable. It also reminds me a little of my former Minifee Carl's nose.
I have her on my B-Line body from 2012. Resin match is not bad given that they are several years apart.
I have a few face up artists in mind to paint her but I haven't yet decided which one I will go with. I think it will possibly be another month or two before I can send her anyway. Gives me a bit of time to think on the face up style I want.





Oh that head looks really pretty D: I don't follow Fairyland's releases that closely, so I don't really recognize their event heads from each other, but I think I've never seen photos of this one! I'm really curious to see what she'll look with a faceup and complete styling :3
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to having her faced up but I have to wait for a bit. I wish I could do it now but she's only just arrived so I want to enjoy her for a bit before sending her out again. I don't think I'll be able to decide on a hair colour and style until I see the face up.
DeleteOh I love this head so much! I'm excited you got her! What kind of faceup are you planning?
ReplyDeleteI love the magnets in the head - I have them in the MNF Soony - but I use animal ears on a lot of my minis (and two of my MNFs) so it's great for me. They work perfectly, my Soony (who's name is now Mint) has bear ears on right now, so if you do feel the need to attach horns, it's so easy. as opposed to gluing magnets to the head or using them to fix the ears to the wig....or worse. Tape. I hate tape now....
I think FL has been making dolls with unfitting headcaps for a while now. My Celine is a couple years old and his headcap won't stay on - no magnets. Soony is actually ok, but in the F60 and MNF threads there are a lot of complaints. I just use eye putty. Or curse a lot when it falls off.
I'm not sure yet but I have been looking at eyeshadow and lipstick colours. I think I might end up going with a more colourful face up for her especially the eyeshadow colours with a more subtle lip colour to really bring out the eyeshadow.
DeleteThanks for the info on the magnets. Good to know they can use ears. I hadn't thought of that and I have a pair of cat ears in my stash too ...
I know with my now sold Minifee Carl, his headcap actually fit and wasn't loose but there was a glaring gap between the cap and head so it didn't sit flush. I have to wonder why there is such problems with headcaps for these dolls.
Hi Alasse!
ReplyDeleteShe's a lovely sculpt alright and will make a gorgeous doll . . . love the name Clara too!
Yes, the head cap thing has become more prevalent this past year or so, I have had a similar problem with my tiny dolls. But if you use a silicone cap under your wig you will find it holds it all together nicely. I always buy them from CoolCat as they are a little longer than most and come down over the forehead nicely.
Hugs,
X
Thanks Xanadu. I'm just glad I can finally have a doll that can use Clara.
DeleteThe wig cap I have on her is too big even though it's for MSD size. I think because her head is a tight 6 inch rather than the Shushu I have which is a 6-7inch. Her head is pretty small. All the 6-7 inch wigs I have here are too big and loose on her.