I got notice that my Alice in Steampunk World was in stock which means I should get a shipping notice soon. Hopefully, she will arrive end of next week.
Ever have those dolls, you know the ones; no matter what wig you try on them, it always seems as though it is the wrong one. I have three of those dolls and it is driving me to frustration.
Sebastian (PD Bomu) is still giving me grief. Every wig I currently have just looks weird on him. They're either too big so that it looks like the wig is trying to swallow his head or they just don't sit right. Tobias (AOD Gu) didn't fit the wig I actually bought for his character. It ended up being too big so Xavier (Soom Epidos) is now wearing it as it fits him better. And don't even get me started on Isabelle (FL Shushu). This girl has been through the most wigs of all my dolls and I just cannot find one that fits her face. She has a small but wide face (it used to be the sleeping head but I had it modded). The one she is wearing at the moment is a 7-8inch Luts wig which looks huge on her tiny head in my opinion. Yet another "trying to swallow the head" syndrome.
Can anyone recommend some wig shops they use or have found to be good?
I also decided to swap out Rune's red wig for a black mohair one I had made for another doll which didn't fit.
I rather like the colour and style on her. Gives her a bit more of an innocent sweetness to her character. She is wearing a gorgeous dress made by a friend.
Next up is Arianna. I still haven't decided on her face up style yet but I have decided on her fashion style at least. I see her as more of an eclectic kind of personality which is reflected in the clothes she tends to wear and they don't always match or go together.
She's also my resident tarot reader so I'll have to get her some tarot cards to carry around with her. I'm hoping to make her a bag of some sort where she will carry them in along with her glasses. I've decided she needs glasses, not for all the time but for when she needs to read things.
I still think she is a hugely underrated sculpt. She's not very popular at all and it's hard finding owner photos of her but I think with the right face up, she will look stunning.
She is now sporting Rune's former wig which I rather like on her. The eye colour is temporary. I think I want to go with lighter eyes for her but I haven't ordered them yet.
And there's Isabelle. This girl drives me to distraction. I've dressed and redressed her so many times over the last two days. I've been changing between the wig in this photo and a blonde mohair wig but I think I just need to order her something else that doesn't dwarf those delicate features.
I do like the wig colour in the photo a lot but maybe with strands of lighter blonde through it, so a two tone wig perhaps ...
I had the idea of making these three girls sisters but then decided to go in another direction for them.




I always have trouble with wigs so I feel your pain. I can't be helpful to you in this subject but I wish you the best of lucks!
ReplyDeleteThanks! There are a few places I regularly get my wigs from but sometimes I want something more wild but never know where to get them!
DeleteHi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteI think we all have dolls that have wig problems, that's why my wig collection is becoming almost as large as my shoe collection!! But I have found For My Doll, Leekeworld and Licht have some lovely wigs, I also have a few of Monique's Gold collection. But in saying that, you still have to see them on your doll to make a decision (unless you are great at photoshopping, which I'm not) so I guess I'm not a great deal of help.
I do like the choices you have made with these three girls though. Having said that and in as much as I love the carrot colour on Arianna, I think I'd like to see her with a soft curl in her hair, but that could change once she has had a face up done.
Hugs,
X
Hey Xanadu, thanks for those suggestions. I have ordered from most on that list except for Licht. I keep meaning to check them out but I've read that their wig sizes aren't correct?
DeleteThose were my thoughts for Arianna too. I'm thinking curly would look better for her but I may end up going with black hair for her. It all depends on the face up style I want for her I guess.
I know that problem. I especially have that with wigs for boys. It seems to be quite hard to find a short but nice wig!
ReplyDeleteI think Rune looks fab. in black. Isabelle might do well with a pale colored wig, maybe even pink or purple to match her face-up?
There's tons of great wig shops, one of my favorite places for wigs is still Luts as well as various taobao shops. If you use taobao (or a taobao agent) I could link you some of my fav. shops~
I agree with you on Isabelle's wig colour. I used to have her in pink and that suited her face up quite well but I've been eyeballing this blue/purple wig from Luts for her that I am seriously considering. The paler colour always looks nice on her. I like the brown wig but it looks a little "off" on her for some reason.
DeleteI've heard about taobao but have never used to be to be honest. It sounds really complicated to order from.