1. Do you collect anything other than dolls?
Yes, I collect figures (I guess they aren't really classified as dolls); mostly figma and cu-poches but 1/8 figures sneak in from time to time and Doctor Who. I have also started collecting model cars, specifically vintage style scouters, combi vans etc rather than the newer racing or modern cars.
2. Why did you start a doll blog?
I've been blogging for a long long time. I've had many blogs in my time (my very first blog was on livejournal) but this one seems to have stuck around. Back in the day, blogging was what everyone did, before social media sites like flickr, facebook, instagram started getting popular. And I loved meeting and getting to know people and their interests through their blogs.
3. Do you have one particular doll that is the favourite in your collection?
Oh, I hate playing favourites but if I'm really honest, I would have to say that my favourites tend to play musical chairs, one week, I'm obsessed with my Pureneemos, another week, it's all about the bjds so it really depends. But I guess if I was forced to answer, I would say MyDolling Heeah (who is currently my Yukionna shell).
4. Your favourite doll accessory?
It has to be eyes. I love the different types of eyes you can get for dolls. I guess they really are the windows to the soul.
5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection (you don't have to tell the number of course)?
I collect a few different doll lines so ... my bjds total in 13 full dolls and 2 floating heads, my pureneemo dolls number at 7 (with one on pre-order), my fashion royalty dolls are at 5, my monster high dolls are at 4 and my Pullips are at 4. So if I was to total all of that not counting floating heads, I have a total of 34 dolls spread out over my entire doll collection.
6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what?
Sadly no. I am trying to learn the acoustic guitar but am finding it a bit awkward but at some point, I'd love to learn how to play the violin. Lindsey Stirling totally inspires me with that instrument.
7. Where is your most favourite place you've ever been?
![]() |
| Intersection at Shibuya |
8. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
That is a really tough question as I tend to be highly critical of myself. But I would say, given everything that has happened in my life over the past few years, being able to get up, dust myself off and carry on no matter how many times I got knocked to the ground.
9. Favourite book or movie?
I always find it hard to pick a favourite because I usually have so many. If I had to pick, Stardust is probably my favourite movie followed closely by Final Fantasy: Advent Children. As for books, my favourite changes all the time but right now, I am really loving the Age of X series by Richelle Mead and The Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix. I also really love American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
10. If you could design your own doll, what would it look like?
Honestly I have no idea. I have never really thought about it at all because my doll design skills are quite lacking.
Tagging (only if you want to do it)
Safir - Grande Masquerade
Irene - Caketown
VampireAngel13 - Paint It Black Studio


Thank you for tagging me! This sounds like a fun meme, so I'm definitely going to do it later :3 It's always great to read these and find out more about people too~
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading your answers when you get a chance to do the meme. I have a weakness for memes, throw one at me and I'll always do it.
DeleteThis was a fun read, thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteThere you are! I was wondering where you had gone to. Hope everything was okay!
DeleteWell, I think everyone who reads my blog knows by now I can never pass up memes. They're a lot of fun to do.
Here I am! Hehe everything was okay, I just get lazy in winter and I didn't feel like doing anything doll related. I stll read blogs once in a while, but didn't comment as often.
DeleteThanks for remembering me :)
Memes are fun and I always love reading your answers.
Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteI'm stoked you did this too, it really makes for an interesting read and it's a real pleasure getting to know you a little better. I will get round to doing a post of my antique pieces one day i promise. :)
Hugs,
X
Hey Xanadu, thank you for tagging me. I had a lot of fun answering these questions and there were some that made me think. I hadn't looked at the photos I had taken in Japan in a long long time so it was a good trip down memory lane. So thank you for that!
DeleteOh I hope so. I'd love to see your antique pieces.
Thanks for the tag :3 I enjoy reading tags like these ~
ReplyDeleteOmg you have quite a large collection as well - how long have you been collecting if I may ask?
I admire your resilience ~ I feel being strong and independent is one of the hardest things in life!
I enjoyed reading yours too. Thanks for doing it! I love getting to know people better through these question things.
DeleteI saw that answer to your question about your collection. But you have been collecting longer than me so that's natural. I've been collecting (officially) since 2009 (bjds, figures, pullips etc.) but prior to that, I was collecting Padme dolls from Star Wars, Xena Dolls, Sailor Moon dolls and Final Fantasy game figures. That was probably from about 2003 before I switched over to bjds in 2009. I've since sold off my Xena and Sailor Moon dolls (they weren't very good versions) but still have all the Final Fantasy game figures and Padme dolls. The Padme dolls are unopened. I might sell them one day. But about two years ago, I opened up my Final Fantasy figures and they're all displayed in the cabinet now.
It is hard. Sometimes I don't think I have resilience but having been through what I have over the past three years and losing the baby a few months ago has definitely made me stronger.
I shall do it!!
ReplyDeleteThat was a good read - now I'm interested to know about the other blogs....
Awesome. I am looking forward to reading your answers for the meme!
DeleteAll the other blogs have pretty much disappeared (been deleted) over the years. I did have one that ran for a while. You know The Sims game? I had a blog where I would release a chapter a week of a story using the game The Sims 2 as accompanying pictures (I would pose them to reflect the scene - back then, you could grab a bunch of free content and mods to make the game do things it wouldn't normally do.) Kind of like how some people do the doll photo stories. It was like that but using The Sims game.