I've been posting a lot, I know, but I do have a very good reason for keeping myself busy and distracted right now (and stress-free!). But that's a story for another day.
Today, I finally finished my bookshelf. There were a few problems and I hurt my finger a few times but overall, it wasn't bad for a first attempt. I might try and remake this and maybe stain it next time instead of painting it.
It's made from I think it's called Balsa wood? It's a very papery type of wood and very lightweight (and can crack easily when you try to cut it to size sometimes).
Wren decides to give it a test being the bookworm that she is. She had notes on how to improve the shelf, cheeky little thing.
I've also started on Diorama Experiment #4 using Balsa wood for flooring while I wait to get down to the hardware store during the week.


I love books so much~ my dream home should at least have a library in it! XD;
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the tiny shelf~ and interesting to learn about this type of wood, it sounds absolutely perfect for making tiny dolly stuff :O
I adore all your tiny props, especially the books x3 x3
Thank you. The bookshelf was a lot of fun to make.
DeleteThe books were made for 1/6 scale fashion dolls but they worked a treat. They're from Poppy's Petites on Etsy but the big "old" books were made by a friend of mine.
I love books too~ though I'm reading through a kindle these days because I have no space for more books.
ReplyDeleteyou did a great job with the bookshelf!! It looks very real :D!!! And the balsa wood floor looks nice too~ I've worked with that wood and it's super delicate and frustrating so great work with that as well!
I want tiny books too :O!!! They look super realistic ~
Thank you! Balsa wood is such a pain to cut. I've had a few crack on mine while I was cutting them to size which is annoying as then I can't use that piece.
DeleteThe small books are from Poppy's Petites on Etsy but the big older ones were made by a friend of mine. They really remind me of spellbooks!
I love reading although I haven't really done much of that lately. Luckily, there's a bunch of stuff coming out in November so hopefully I can get the book pile up again.
Hi Alasse!
ReplyDeleteThat bookcase would not be out of place in our library, the colour is a perfect match to our feature wall. :) What a great job you have done and I love that last photo, Wren looks so totally relaxed. :)
Hugs,
Xanadu
Thanks Xanadu. I had a lot of fun (if a bit of frustration thrown in for good measure) making this. I'm actually looking forward to making more bits and pieces. It's slow going but it keeps me busy.
DeleteWren loves to read so she's definitely very much at home in this room.