Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Repose

I am a bit backlogged on posts I wanted to do but wanted to show Sebastian's new look. Last time I posted him, he was wearing the fake fur wig but I've since stolen the wig Cedric (formerly Xavier) was wearing and used it on him instead. I actually like how it sits on him which of course means now I am wig hunting for Cedric. Musical wigs indeed.


I love the two-tone style of this wig and I think the top colour really softens his face even more and the dark layer underneath goes well with the colour of his eyebrows. He is supposed to be a gentle soul and I think this wig and those eyes with the face up really bring that out.


My dolls seem to do a lot of contemplating. If he wasn't so musically gifted, he would have probably been a vet I think. He finds a sense of fulfillment in looking after stray animals and nursing those injured back to health. He does volunteer at an animal shelter in his spare time. Animals tend to trust him quite quickly. You could say, he has a way with them.

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous wig~ two-toned wigs are very versatile, aren't they? :O I also adore gradient-color wigs!
    Ahaha~ your BJDs do seem very ponder-y :D I quite love that, it gives them a very philosophical quality xD;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gradient coloured wigs are so lovely. Shame that you can't really find them at too many places. I can only think of Leekeworld and well, their quality is hit and miss. Plus I've heard some pretty bad feedback about them that makes me hesitate to order.

      Oh I am glad they come across as philosophical rather than broody!

      Delete
  2. His eyebrows are so pretty!! *u* He is pretty overall, but ughhh those eyebrows X)
    Love his new wig, it suits him so well
    I like two toned wigs, bt same as pink and lilac wigs, I have no one to use them QwQ

    Let your dolls contemplate, it only makes them look cooler in my book :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They are really soft in appearance. You know how sometimes you see a piece of artwork and if you closed your eyes and stretched out your hands to touch that artwork, you can feel the texture in your mind? That's how I feel about those eyebrows. It's similar to how I felt when I saw a portrait drawn by this particularly talented artist and just looking at the face, I could feel the roundness of the shape and the smoothness of the skin, if that makes sense?

      I just force my dolls to wear the colours I like. Eventually it tends to become them. So it all works out in the end.

      Glad they look cool when they contemplate. So far though, I think it's mostly the boys that tend to contemplate a lot. Eve never seems to. Neither do the other girls other than my Yukionna. But then of course, she has reasons to contemplate!

      Delete
  3. Hi Alasse,

    Nice wig choice for him, it has a softness that suits his gentle nature. I also like wigs that contain more than one colour, layered or mixed.

    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish more companies would make wigs like that. I like variety in wig choices but I've noticed there seems to be a few basic styles and colours and that's all. Even getting purely white wigs can sometimes be a challenge.

      Delete
  4. Oh that's a good wig! It looks perfect on him, it goes with his coloring and the soft faceup. And it's great to have a really nice short wig! Short wigs are so hard for me to find which is why I buy medium and cut. Or just go fur.

    Contemplative dolls must be relaxing. Mine don't do that. Even sitting quietly they're very loud....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to really dislike the wig hunting side of this hobby. Although I think it's more when I buy a wig and it just doesn't work on a doll. So frustrating. I honestly don't know why I didn't try this wig on him earlier.

      Can you imagine if our dolls met? Mine are so quiet and tend to blend into the background sometimes. Your crew would totally wake them up and keep them on their toes!

      Delete