Does anyone else have problems with Blogger displaying their images a bit on the blurry side when they aren't being displayed at their original size?
Dorothy: This is the place but he's late. I don't like this.
A strange fog slowly creeps in.
Dorothy: So, it's you then. What have you done with Roger?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Comlink: Aura 1, report.
Aura 1: Apologies Commander. The target has escaped.
Comlink: Aura 1, return to base.
Aura 1: Yes Commander.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Madoka: Wait just a minute. Are you telling me that you have no idea where we're going?
Saber: That is correct.
Madoka: Then why are we walking this way?
Saber: I smell ramen.
Madoka: Oh boy. You really did knock your head hard yesterday didn't you?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
One of Lara Croft. The old style Tomb Raider games were among my favourites and Lara Croft is one of my favourite characters. I don't really like what they did with the TR games in recent times so I'm glad I managed to buy these playsets back in the day.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A behind the scenes look at two of the photos above.







Really nice photos, that backdrop and the other backgrounds work perfectly for these figures :)
ReplyDeleteBlogger seems to mess up the quality of JPG images for some reason, I started uploading all of my photos as PNG and the quality is much better.
Because I have them in a different display cabinet, I always forget I have those playsets because they do work so well with the figures.
DeleteI will have to try png files next time. I have only noticed this over the past month or two. At first, I thought it was me but when I looked at the original photo, it was a lot clearer. What a pain. Don't know why Blogger does this.
Oh gosh, tomb raider was my first game love xD and the reason I bought a PS1 way back when~ I remember having that tiger display as well! :D So coool! Did you play tomb raider anniversary? (the remake of the first game)
ReplyDeleteThose backdrops are so cute and work very well with your tiny figures!
Oh yes blogspot compresses JPG, that's why I switched back to using photobucket as my image host =/
Me too. I used to play Tomb Raider all the time back in the day. I haven't played Anniversary yet but I was watching some gameplay videos on Youtube for it and boy, that new battle system looks intense. I was watching the T-Rex part and I don't think I could do all that stuff, it looks a bit more complicated. Plus, I remember I always used the shotgun to take down that T-Rex when I used to play rather than just the pistols. I think I stopped at Angel of Death. I never got all the way through that game.
DeleteMost of the things I see these days for Tomb Raider are the dolls unless there are playsets I don't know about? But it was funny that back then, the graphics were so good but when I was watching an old gameplay video of the original Tomb Raider game, I was thinking those characters look like those Wii Mii characters (is that what they are called?)
I used to use photobucket as my image host but I never log in there much these days.
Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteHey these look great! Don't you just love playing around with different backdrops? I love it. :)
Ah so it's blogger's fault my photos look slightly out of focus at times? And here I was thinking it was my lousy photography or my eyes! LOL!! Interesting comment from Safir, I might try using png next time .
Hugs,
X
I can't believe I had forgotten about these to be honest. They work wonders with figures. I used to have Xena ones too but I think I gave those away to the Salvo's or Vinnie's. I kind of regret it now. It was during one of my "mad" cleaning the house days.
DeleteI don't know when blogger started doing this but yeah, I was the same Xanadu. I thought maybe I was just not seeing it properly or I didn't take the photo properly but it looks like it's all blogger. I'm going to try that too. The only reason I haven't was because it tends to be a bigger file than jpg.
I used to love Tomb Raider back in the day too hahaha, I'm not too sure about the newest games, haven't tried them, but I tend to like older games more in general.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and the backdrops are pretty cool!
Me too. The older games particular the Tomb Raider had that something special that I feel is missing in the new modern version of that game. Did you ever play Broken Sword or Discworld? Discworld was actually my very first PC game that I ever played back in the day. I've got the latest Broken Sword installed and will probably start playing it soon.
DeleteThanks! Photographing these smaller figures is a bit of a challenge sometimes I think!
no idea about that game sorry! I mostly played videogames consoles, my first was an atari haha, but Tomb Raider I played on my Playstation one (the console with the most amazing videogames so far imo hehe).
Delete