However, I did receive my gorgeous DollFamily practice head last week.
I decided to stick some dark eyes on him and borrowed Charlie's wig. I always thought Luts MSD had huge heads but this sculpt is even bigger! He fits the 7-8inch wig perfectly (it is just a tad big on Charlie even with silicone wig cap on). He is also borrowing Charlie's Luts body. Resin match, not bad actually but then my Luts body is at least a year or two old. This head is the DF Normal Yellow rather than Pink (because they didn't have that in stock). Obviously the KDF body is a bit too skinny for him I think and he has practically no neck to speak of. DF dolls must tend on the chunkier side these days.
I think I would give him a black wig and really enhance that Asian style to him. I might even use Min Woo (Soo Hyuk's son) from One More Happy Ending as inspiration. Such a versatile sculpt. I can really see this as being either male or female depending on the face up.
QUICK QUESTION: What do you guys use when removing face ups on your bjds? I used to use Isopropyl Alcohol however it's really hard to get here and they are suspicious if you order it, even more so when you ask for 90% strength. Winsor Newton brush cleaner is unavailable here and the art store can't even order it in as they have no product listing for it because it was very expensive and didn't sell well here. Alternatives, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Charlie is quite shocked that he lost his body for a little bit there. But he's all back in one piece so he's happy now.

Cedric in one of his refined modelling poses.

Sebastian takes time out from his duties as 'The Doctor Alternate to relax with a magazine and bum around in his casual wear.


It's nice to see your boys getting more photo time~ I wonder what you'll do with the practise head! :O
ReplyDeleteAs for cleaner ~ I use paint thinner. Works slow but like a charm! :3 I believe right now I actually have the tamiya one.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've never thought of using thinner. I might check if the local toy store has the Tamiya one.
DeleteI don't take nearly enough photos of my bjds lately. Hopefully I can get a good day where I can spray. Weather here is so weird right now.
Hi Alasse, I have always used Isopropyl and just bought it from Priceline or the Chemist. Never tried anything else because it's always been available, but I have wondeed if any other white spirit (like Vodka) would work. Don't suppose you could experiment on one of your practice heads??
ReplyDeleteIt's been a treat seeing your boys again, thanks for posting them. :)
Hugs,
X
Is the Priceline one you get called Isocol? Don't actually have vodka here at the house (I don't drink) but if hubby ever buys the stuff, I could try on the headcap to see if it has any ill effects.
DeleteI will have to try to post more photos of the bjds at some point. Free time may become shorter soon...
Love the lips on the practice head!! And I love your ideas for him.
ReplyDeleteTo clean face ups I use the winsor and newton brush cleaner. It is unavailable here too, but there's a few places that ship international (since its not flammable). I bought mine from blick.
I tried thinner before and it works nicely too, but it is slower to remove face ups with it. It is a good alternative nonetheless.
I've tried looking at a few places in Australia to see if I can order in Windsor Newton but so far, I haven't had much luck. I don't know why this is the case as I do remember it used to be readily available years ago, it's kind of strange.
DeleteI'd order internationally but shipping costs are always a bit of a deal breaker for me especially if it's only the one item. I might try a few of the alternatives on the headcap to see if it has any undesirable effects.
Thank you!