I've taken a couple of days off from the re-rooting but have worked a little on one of the face ups.
Eyeliner is a little thick but I made a mistake and rather than wipe it and redo, I tried to fix it. I still need to add whites to the iris, more blushing and refining then seal and gloss. I may try adding actual lashes to this, still procrastinating.
Not much more progress to report, mostly because I started watching this Korean drama on Netflix called "Beating Again" (Korean name is Falling for Innocence) and have got really sucked into it. At its heart, this drama is a love story and I have to say, the lead actor Jung Kyung Ho does an excellent job of the character of Kang Min-Ho. The theme song is pretty catchy too. I can't get it out of my head! It's also my new ringtone! I'm a sucker for the big love story and this one had me in tears and in fits of laughter. I still have six episodes to go (binge watching it). Okay, I admit it. The story is pretty predictable but some of the lines are adorable and the chemistry between the two leads sizzles on screen and the character of Min-Ho is just endearing, zany, a bit crazy at times but adorable nonetheless. He's hard to resist.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm going back to listen to the song for the fifth time.

You are doing great!! The eyeliner is a bit thick, but that's also an actual style too, so it can work. I've done thicker than I wanted eyeliner before trying to make it even, it's hard!
ReplyDeleteI love korean dramas but I haven't watched that one, I'll try to see if I can find it :) They are all predictable on some degree, and some of the things the guys do aren't practical or romantic in real life, but I love watching them because I laugh a lot and they are very sweet too. And the actors are usually super cute~
Thank you! The eyeliner started out thin, I was using a really fine brush but my fingers kind of slipped and the acrylic went wonky so I tried to fix it and ended up with such a thick eyeliner! It won't be as noticeable if I decide to glue some actual lashes to her upper eye line. My FR dolls have glued lashes. But not sure how I would go with that!
DeleteI don't know why Netflix changed the name of the drama from its original but I have noticed this a lot, mostly with Korean and Japanese TV shows.
I think sometimes a lot of what the guys do and is viewed as romantic could be a cultural thing. I've seen some of the similar actions in their Manwha as well. But I do agree a lot of shows and movies have such an idealistic take on romance that just doesn't actually happen in reality most of the time. If it does, that's one very lucky person! The way I met my husband was in no way, shape or form romantic, at all!
Beating Again was a very sweet and cute romance comedy with a lot of (corporate)drama as well. I admit, I kind of kept watching it for the lead actor and the character he plays of Min-Ho. I found his journey from the beginning of the show to where I am at currently quite compelling to watch. And of course, doesn't hurt the two lead male roles were easy on the eyes! The fashion Min-Ho wears in the show is pretty cool too. Strangely I kept thinking, "Wonder what that would look like on Sebastian? He'd totally rock that look." (My Popodoll Bomu).
I'm a sucker for a man in a suit with tennis shoes. Blame David Tennant's Tenth Doctor in Doctor Who for that!
Oh if you want something a bit wacky and out there, there's also Schoolgirl Detectives (Netflix Title). The Korean name is Seonam Girl's High School Investigators. It's kind of a light-hearted silly little romp (with some serious issues and drama thrown in - of course). I don't know why I kept watching it but it was kind of funny. I felt like I was watching a live action manga most of the time!
Thanks for the suggestion!
DeleteHi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteI really admire you working on such a tiny head, it must be quite difficult. The eyeliner is a little heavy, but if you hadn't pointed it out we would have thought you were styling her that way. :)
Never watched a Korean movie, does it have sub titles or is it translated to English?
Hugs,
X
Most of them have subtitles but it depends where you watch it. If you're watching on Netflix, they tend to or if they're available on DVD in Region 4, they will have subtitles. Or if you have a multi-region DVD player, Region 1 (which I think is US) also tend to have subtitles on foreign films.
DeleteWorking on such a tiny little head is a bit frustrating sometimes because it's so much harder to cover up mistakes on such a tiny scale but it's a neat learning curve regardless.
Ahh, Korean dramas are too addictive! That's why I've mostly stopped watching them haha :D I used to watch them often xO
ReplyDeleteBy the way, good progress! I think she's got a bit of that vintage barbie feel to her with the thicker eye liner, those are actually my favorite types of Barbie!
Aren't they though? They have a lot with really cute stories. I'm already watching a second one with the same actor, Jung Kyung-Ho called One More Happy Ending. Have only seen the first episode so far but it was pretty funny. I'm pretty impressed by the actor in Beating Again/Falling for Innocence so I'm hunting down other stuff he's in.
DeleteThank you! I'm glad it doesn't seem too out of place. Speaking of vintage Barbie, I actually want to get my hands on one of the Silkstone Barbies. I hear they're made of resin (possibly?), some harder plastic anyway. I've heard they were made to have a similar feel to porcelain dolls. They're pretty pricey, even second-hand but I'd love to get one at some stage. Think she'd be neat to dress in all sorts of outfits.