Sunday, 24 April 2016

FFX Shiva Project - WIP Update

I've previously mentioned on the blog that I was going to turn a Monster High Ghoulia into Shiva from Final Fantasy X. It's been a while since I started this project but I finally have some updates. I re-rooted her hair with soft yarn (kind of feels a little like mohair) and styled her hair like Shiva after her face up was removed.

Shiva WIP01

Front view of the hair.


Shiva WIP02

Side view of hair.

Shiva WIP03

Back view of hair.

Still to do:
  • Face up with face "ice" tattoo
  • Body tattoo - Leg
  • Body tattoo - Thigh
  • Nail Polish on nails
  • Outfit
It's slow going but I'm getting there. Hopefully now that the hair is done, I can seal her face and body over the next few days and get started on the face up and tattoo work.

For the curious, here is a picture of the character from the game.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted a picture of her character from the game. I'm even more impressed with her now, haha.
    She really does look awesome so far. I think you've done a great job styling the hair, and I love all the ornaments and such.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how she progresses!
    Is the Frankie still going to be Sally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the kind words! I'm currently a bit stumped on how I'm going to do Shiva's outfit. It's a tad complicated and I've been thinking about what sort of fabric I'll need to do it justice. Lucky I won't need much fabric because MH dolls take so little for their super thin bodies. The tricky part for me will be that ice tattoo on her face. I've never done tattoos before so that will be challenging.

      The Frankie ... I'm not sure. I was going to do a Corpse Bride and Sally but in order to do a Corpse Bride, I'll need parts from a Skelita which seems a waste to buy a whole doll just for one arm and one leg so to answer your question, I really am not sure. However, Frankie will be getting a wig rather than a re-root. I'm going to try and make her a wig. I need to try drawing Sally on paper first though to see how I will do her expressive face.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, her hair looks *fabulous* - Great work! I'm looking forward to seeing how she turns out as you go through the rest of the steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She'll be my first full custom doll I have done myself so it will be a bit of a challenge and the progress will be a slow one but I'm learning a lot as I go along.

      Delete
  3. these photos show the hair so much better!! I think you did an incredible job, it's just like Shiva!! I'm VERY impressed, but I knew you could pull it off :D!!! Is her hair heavy? I imagine it is with all the rings and stuff.

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words! I am glad she's starting to get that Shiva vibe about her now. Before she was just a blank Ghoulia! Sadly, her hair is a bit heavy, with the yarn combined with the rings, she does like to tip her head back but having said that, she was already kind of doing that when I got her. Plus I'm starting to think it has something to do with removing the head and putting it back on the body. I've noticed this too with the Frankie as well...

      I'm debating whether to do her outfit first before sealing her, that way the constant fiddling with pattern pieces against her body won't scratch the sealant. I want to seal the body and head at the same time so I've been thinking about possibly doing her outfit first and once that's done then sealing without worry about scratching the sealant during the outfit fitting progress.

      Delete
  4. Yaaay~ I'm so happy to see you do this ~ x3 one of my biggest obsessions really!
    The hair came out really well like this! :D
    I think the "ice" parts of her face and body would be hardest to do, right? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Shiva has been my favourite GFs since I started playing Final Fantasy back when it was FF8 (my first FF game). I've always wanted a figure of her but they're hard to find (unless you go to the Square Enix store in Japan - which from experience, I can tell you that store is hard to find and well hidden!!)

      The ice parts of her face and body will be a challenge as I've never done anything like that before but in "typical me" fashion, I jump in the deep end of things. Probably should have slowly built up to tattoos!

      Delete