Monday, 4 July 2016

Box Opening: J'Adore La Fete Elyse Jolie

I didn't intend to post every day this weekend but it kind of turned out that way. Today where I live, it's Show Day Holiday so I got a day off work and ended up with a three day weekend. Woo hoo! So you can imagine my surprise when the postman knocked on my door with a big massive parcel from Integrity Toys. Apparently they had the option to work if they wanted to. Lucky for me I guess!


Enough chitchat. Let's get to the good stuff. The box opening.

Elyse Jolie was a members only club doll for December 2015. She was a lot more expensive than your typical FR doll because she came with not one but three sets of outfits, two pairs of shoes, two jewellery sets and an extra pair of hands in a different gesture. To top this sweet deal off, she also came in a gorgeous dark red coloured suitcase. There was no way she wasn't protected in there!


This looks so official. I love this packaging. The weight wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be which is good. It's made of a very heavy durable hard cardboard.


Opening up the suitcase.


I haven't felt this excited for a doll in a while. Here she is all secure and quite comfortable looking. All her outfits set out beside her. That lingerie set looks quite risque!


Beneath all the cardboard bits holding her and her outfits was the COA. Love getting these with my dolls.


In all her delicious glory. I adore this dress (plus it covers the stand base so well!). She reminds me of those figures in a music box here.


You look fabulous. No need to keep fussing with your hair.


Model pose moment. She's so stunning. I can't stop looking at her. The best I've seen from IT. I had read there had been a few issues with face screening for some of the 2015 dolls so I'm glad to see they took more care with this one. She's a very photogenic doll. In my display case, I find my eyes drawn instantly to her.


I broke out my Macro filter and took a super close up shot of her so you can see her in more detail. Such a great face. I've always wanted this face sculpt since Midnight Elise Jolie so I am so glad I was able to get her. Sadly I never got a shipping notice from IT. The only reason I knew she had been shipped was because I logged into the website and saw the tracking number. But she arrived safe and sound and that's all that matters.

I also managed to score a great deal on one of the Poppy Parker heads I had missed out on last year. I also found a Poppy Parker replacement body on Ebay for her so they should both be arriving in the next week or two. 

Overall, a productive dollie long weekend. Next weekend, I hope to start on sewing the clothes for Lara Croft and Tenth Doctor and maybe if the weather is good and not rainy like today, I can finally spray Shiva's face and body in preparation for her face up and tattoo work. Still not sure what I will do with her clothing though. I really want to make Edea too from FFVIII but it depends on whether I can source the materials to make her. I'm itching to try those veins on her face. I have a doll candidate already but her head piece is pretty intense so I will have to see what's available for that.

Have a good first week of July everyone!

8 comments:

  1. She's so pretty and has a classical beauty, I love her cheekbones!
    Ohh, Edea was the only character I liked in FFVIII, besides her I absolutely hated the game and couldn't figure out the junction system at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has one of those faces for sure that you just can't stop looking at. Classical Beauty is the phrase exactly!

      Yeah, that junction system took a bit of getting used to. I actually really liked it and ended up disliking how it was changed from FX onwards.

      Delete
  2. Wow, she's a stunning doll. I think I love everything about her: Her expression, those eyebrows, the dress, the suitcase-packaging!

    Congratulations on having her home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really loving her and have no regrets about getting her. She's a pretty flawless doll. The suitcase is a bonus. I currently have all my COAs stored in there.

      Delete
  3. She's wonderful!! That face is so amazing!! and all those clothings are to die for! the dress and the lingerie are so elegant and pretty!

    Do they all come in suitcases or only special releases for the members?

    You know I love Final Fantasy VII and Edea is one of the most stunning characters they ever made for any final fantasy so I hope you do her too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to redress her at some point in those extra pieces but it's so hard to take her out of that amazing dress. I kind of wish I had a dress like that.

      They usually just come in a window box which is still quite pretty but the suitcase was a special release. She was the last club doll for 2015 so I guess they wanted to end the year with a bang. I debated about storing FR clothing in there. Right now, I have all my doll COAs and manuals in there.

      I loved Edea. Loved the story behind her transformation. It was quite tragic. Most of all, I adore her character design. Her costume reminds me a little of that one character in Astro Boy. She was I think part of the enemy's team but she was a princess or something and she helped him out. I can't remember who she was ... was it Olivia? Ah nostalgia!

      Delete
  4. Hi Alasse,
    A very elegant gal and I'm impressed by the presentation, it's not often we see dolls boxed so well.

    I hope you enoyed your long weekend.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT did a great job with the way she was packaged which I am very happy about. A lot of protection to keep that face screening pristine.

      Long weekends are always too short!

      Delete