Sunday, 14 August 2016

Diorama Sunday

I've been working on some ideas for setting up dioramas. I have a temporary room for storing my doll craft materials and diorama sets. It seemed like a good day to try and get some things done.


Featuring April who has had a bit of a wardrobe change from pretty princess to rock and roll girl.



...because who doesn't like a chair in their garden?


The behind the scenes set-up. I used an A4 binder to hold everything up (a tip I got from MyFroggyStuff). My brick wall that was made on foam board and some greenery pieces I picked up at one of those dollar stores. It makes a great outdoor setting.

Next up is an indoor diorama set that I'm currently working on and is in progress.


April once more models.


The set up. I used cardboard from parcel boxes. I love that it already has a natural fold. The flooring was given to me by my friend and has been in use quite a lot! The wall is easy to store and can fold flat. Because storage is a premium right now, I need sets that are easy to store.

I painted one side with white Gesso and scrapbook papered the other side as a feature wall. The pegs aren't a permanent fixture. They're just there right now to help plan where I want the tulle curtains. I think this may be a study or inside a walk in wardrobe, I'm not sure yet. The picture is from one of my Real Living magazines. It's perfect for Barbie size. I still need to figure out what I'm doing with it.

I'm just waiting on my jumbo paddlepop sticks to arrive in the mail so I can start making some pallet furniture from MyFroggyStuff, namely a bed. In the works is also an art studio that I plan to make.

That's it for now.

10 comments:

  1. Nice projects for the weekend Alasse, and I particularly like where your going with the last one, an elegant study would be lovely, very chic! :)

    Froggy Stuff has some great ideas, doesn't it? I like to browse there when I have time, but just lately I don't seem to have any spare.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love FroggyStuff. She inspires me to create which is great. She also made me fall in love with the Barbie line! I love her Youtube stories.

      It was nice to get some dolly time to make these. I still need to make some other stuff too but we have friends coming from Canada this weekend so there's two weeks I won't be able to do much!

      Delete
  2. Wow love both sets, I think you have great taste and you know how to work a diorama with very few pieces and make it look amazing!
    I especially love the photo in the indoors photo shoot with the frame on the back, That chair is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such kind words. I think it has more to do with cropping the photos though!

      The chair I got from a seller on Etsy. She doesn't make a lot of stuff for Barbie size yet but I'm hoping she makes more as I will need to add more stuff to my dioramas.

      Delete
  3. I love both Sets, but especially your garden set. :D Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love greenery in my photos. I wish I could do more shots outside but nosy neighbours and a not so green grass kind of defeats the purpose!

      Delete
  4. What great little dioramas you've already set up! I especially love the indoor one with the pretty floor!

    I can't wait to see your pallet furniture, I also enjoyed watching that video by MFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try the pallet furniture tutorial. Just waiting on my jumbo sticks to arrive. Fingers crossed that it will turn up this week although there's only one day left of this week!

      Delete
  5. Those are clever settings - love the way they both turned out. And I love that chair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chair is from an Etsy seller. I want to buy more from her as soon as she makes more Barbie sized things. I believe her name is Mini Molly from Australia.

      Delete