Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Spring in May

As most of you who visit the blog know, I've been looking for a while for a friend for Rune, my Bimong Chuu. It's been a hard choice given the amount of beautiful sculpts currently out there and Rune is pretty much perfection and it's been a tough road to find someone who can hold a candle to her ... I mean just look at that gorgeous face ...


I've been flip flopping for a while between a few contenders but finally, a decision was made tonight and I took the plunge.

It kind of helped that the company only had a five day pre-order period open for this particular sculpt and it was the last chance to order the sculpt this year.


**Image courtesy of Bluefairy. All Rights Reserved.**


I ended up going with a Bluefairy Shiny Fairy May. I had considered SF Clare as well but in the end, I went with my gut and it was saying SF May as she was the first doll that made me really fall in love with Bluefairy three years ago. Prior to that, I actually didn't pay too much attention to the company. I knew if I didn't order her and went with a different sculpt, I'd most likely regret it. I put the order in for her tonight and now the wait begins. This will be my first bjd for 2016. (I'm not counting Deirdre's body as it was just a body and not a full doll).  

I also feel that she will look better alongside Rune than Peakswood Fox Goon would. Plus she's just so darn cute. Just look at that face. I love the slight downturn of her mouth too. I ordered her with face up. I'm probably in the minority but I really adore Bluefairy's face up style quite a lot. It's so soft and subtle and goes well with what I had in mind. Not sure if the name Yana will be for her though so I may have to do a name change there.

It's good to feel excited about an incoming bjd again. It's been too long!

My checklist is pretty much complete now. I'm feeling quite content.

1. Wanted to own Luts Maska. Check.
2. Wanted to own Dollshe Saint. Check.
3. Wanted to own  Bimong Chuu. Check.
4. Wanted to own MyDolling Heeah. Check.
5. Wanted to own  Pukifee Mio with custom face by xhanthi. Check.
6. Wanted to own  Dollzone Hid. Check.
7. Wanted to own  Minifee Shushu with custom face by Andreja. Check.
8. Wanted to own a tan CP doll. El or Lishe. Check.
9. Wanted to own an Obitsu SD sized doll. Check. 
10. Wanted to own  Soom Epidos. Check.
11. Wanted to own  Dollzone Cosmo. Check.
12. Wanted to own  AOD Gu and Qian. Check.
13. Wanted to own Bluefairy Shiny May. Check. (or at least in progress as it's ordered.)

All the other dolls not on my checklist were happy accidents. What about you? Do you have a checklist and has it been met?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on ordering! I also like BF sculpts, they're so cute @o@
    It's interesting to see your wishlist slowly being checked off one by one, I have one too, but it's waaay too huge and the priorities on it keeps changing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get a Pocket Fairy on a Sugar body maybe next year. I've been so curious about that size! Plus I found out they are renewing the Sugar body so it'll be interesting to see how it differs from the current one.

      I've had to par back a lot on the checklist as there was a lot of dolls I wanted but could never realistically be able to get because the budget just did not cover them.

      Delete
  2. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo huge congrats!!! I think Fox Goon would have looked lovely too, but I can't say May wouldn't because She's just so pretty! I really like bluefairy face ups, but since I wanted to save a bit of money I ordered mine blank haha.
    Now we share a sculpt again~ :D this will be fun!
    Have you thought about eyes and wigs yet or is it too soon to ask? hehe
    I had the hardest time picking them out for mine, hope when they arrive they suit her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think Fox Goon is cute too but I think if I got that sculpt later, it will be as a boy and I am still really hung up on the tan!! I am still trying to find a photo of that sculpt in normal skin. I tried emailing Peakswood to see if they would ever have a tan event for that line again but the email just kept bouncing back.

      It will be fun! We used to both have Saints which was pretty cool. I am excited to see what face up you end up going with for your May. Your body review did a lot to help sway me too plus seeing her blank was a bonus. I like to see the sculpt beneath the face ups before I buy.

      I hope the eyes and wig you picked out work out for you too. It's such a pain when they don't. I still haven't done a wig and eye order for my other dolls that has been on the to do list since January. Maybe next month.

      As for my incoming May, I haven't picked out anything for her yet. I have a bunch of eyes here that I will try out and a few wigs in her size already so will try what I have here first. What size eye did you end up going with for your May?

      Delete
    2. 14mm, I tried the 14mm maki eyes I had on my other dolls and they looked good :)

      Delete
    3. That's great to know. I love Mako eyes - still need to get around to ordering some. Another thing on my to do list which never seems to get done!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Alasse! I can't believe this is your first BJD for 2016. How do you control yourself, I am hopeless! May's a great choice to go with Rune, I like her mouth too.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, I've spent a large portion of my doll budget this year on the various Barbie line and a few IT dolls so I haven't really had much left over for bjds this year, until now anyway. That and I had been out of work for the first part of the year which means a reduced dolly budget. Glad to be working and having a decent dolly budget again though. So you could say less about being able to control myself and more out of necessity for the most part.

      The next big bjd purchase probably won't happen again now until next year. Especially as Azone are releasing another Koron that I may possibly want to bring home!

      Delete