Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Box Opening: The Platform Departure - Momokodoll

My second Momokodoll arrived in the mail yesterday but I was at work so picked her up bright and early this morning.


She is Platform Departure Momoko, the only other release I really liked this year. I feel really lucky to be able to actually get the two girls that I was drawn to from this line. I thought they would have sold out a lot quicker to be honest. Both girls I thought were really lovely and a little bit different from the other Momoko releases in 2016.



I really like how these dolls are displayed in their boxes. She did seem to have a lot more glossing on her face than my other girl which is quite bizarre. She has gloss even on her eyebrows. I expect this on eyes and lips to seal in and protect the colours but on eyebrows ... I've never seen this before. And it seems to be just on this particular girl.

Her shoes are way too big for those tiny feet so she can't stand in the shoes at all. I already knew this from other reviews on her so it wasn't a big surprise. Maybe I can use them on other dolls instead.


Freed from her box. She can stand in bare feet which still surprises me given how tiny they are. She stands a lot quicker and more stable than my Made to Move Barbies.  One thing I never mentioned in my other Momoko box opening was that these girls come wrapped in what we call here in Australia, cling wrap; all over their body beneath their clothes. I forgot to take a photo of that.

It's a bit of a pain to get off but it does come off. I wish the cling wrap I buy was just as good.


A really quick photo snap in the room box. I will need to take more photos of her later. I don't have a lot of time to play around with her this morning as I have a few errands to run shortly but wanted to post this before I went out. I will take a photo with the other girl at some stage. I will also try some clothing I have here that were designed for Blythe. Apparently they are supposed to fit these girls so it will be interesting to see how well they do fit. I might also try some Pureneemo clothing on them too. Just for comparison. I'm still learning how these girls pose. They are very different in this regard to my other doll lines.

That's all for now. I'm hoping to finish my MH and Barbie wig project this week and finish up the bedding for my wooden bed (which can fit easy two Barbies!). I'm also going to have to learn how to make everything myself as I'm completely doll fund broke for the next maybe six months! I have another secret en route which is why my doll fund has run totally dry now. Oh well, crafting will keep me busy right?

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new girl! She's pretty and has great clothes. Her shoes look better on these tiny feet with socks. And the cling wrap protect her body from stains I think (not all Momokos come wrapped, especially older ones are not). I like her hair and awesome glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also noticed that the older ones came with stands? At least from the description of that one we discussed at Mimiwoo. If that's the case, I wonder why they stopped sending stands with their dolls?

      Delete
    2. The oldest ones had one-piece white metal stands (my favourite) which were visible with the doll in the box. Then they changed into three-pieces plastic-metal stands that are hidden in the back of the box (and you have to assemble it by yourself). Don't you have this one with your doll?

      Delete
    3. Neither of the two dolls I got came with stands. It's why I assumed they only came with the older dolls and not the newer dolls ...

      Delete
    4. It is strange. They should give a stand with dressed dolls. The newest release of not-wake-up Momoko doll I have is 'Ambivalent Girl' and - as I can remember - she had a stand.
      Luckily, Momokos can stand on their own feet.

      Delete
    5. I went and double checked the boxes they came in and definitely no stand present. Maybe some just don't have stands ... it seems quite random. I do agree, lucky they stand on their own!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm curious about that secret!!! New girl is lovely, congrats! how odd to have shiny eyebrows, but I can't tell from the photos so I guess it's not too bad?
    Cn't choose my favorite momoko between this girl and your other one haha, they are both so pretty~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in good time :-) I'm sure I'll post about the secret when it arrives.

      I re-checked the first girl last night and she actually does have her eyebrows glossed too but it's not as noticeable maybe because of her fringe? I've learned the hard way that the gloss used for resin does not play well with vinyl. I'm currently testing the matte varnish from Liquidtex and so far it seems to dry quickly on vinyl and doesn't feel tacky to the touch unlike the Tamiya gloss I was using previously. The only problem is that because it's so watery (direct from the box), I think it picks up the paint a little. I'll need to test it more on the spare bodies and heads I have here.

      Neither can I! They are both so lovely. There's just a certain charm to these dolls that is addictive.

      Delete
  3. Cling wrap, that was new - and I can imagine a bit of work to get her out from that. ;) She is beautiful, congrats on the new girl. And the shine eyebrows does not show in the photos. Odd detail, but it can work.
    And a secret, yay! Look forward to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I wish they sold cling wrap like that here. I could cover my food plates so much better! It's good stuff and she's wrapped pretty tight in it.

      I'm glad it doesn't show in the photos. These dolls like Barbie, FR, MH and Pureneemo can be quite a challenge to photograph because of the type of eyes they have. I often have to retake photos constantly because the light does weird things to their eyes. So I am glad at least the eyebrows don't look so shiny.

      Hopefully soon. I'm a bit anxious about this one but I have faith everything will be fine ... fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. Yay new arrivals! I love her glasses! What a great look!

    I really like seeing all your non-bjd dolls. It's so cool to see things actually done with other kinds of dolls and figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has this cool geeky vibe going on. A girl after my own heart, probably why I liked her!

      I don't tend to actually do anything other than take photos with my BJDs. Way too hesitant to mod them however with my fashion dolls (except for some of the more really expensive ones), I'm fine with modding them, re-rooting, making props, painting their faces etc. I actually do more with my fashion dolls in the past year than I have with my BJDs. That's mostly because I can't mod the resin folk and I'm always afraid they may fall and break something that I can't readily fix. I don't seem to have that issue with the fashion dolls though.

      I still love my BJDs, they're just not dolls I can fix myself and I can't afford to send them all over the world to get fixed by someone else either so I tend to be a lot more careful with them. It's just a shame a lot of props for them are massive and expensive and I already have limited space as it is. Maybe when I get my craft room, I can think of a solution to photograph with more interesting backdrops!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new arrival Alasse. She doesn't quite do it for me as much as your other Momoko, but I do like her glasses. :)

    Looking forward to seeing the bedroom completed.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Momokodolls are multiplying so fast! They really are just so charming. I really like how they feel in my hands. I do love dolls in glasses. It's like dolls with red hair and green eyes, I have to be careful not have everyone with this combination!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your new girl, she's lovely and fits perfectly in your dioramas!
    Ohhh, it must be a very big secret purchase -curiouscurious-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much big but something I never thought I'd be able to get. So in a sense, it's that kind of big I guess.

      Momokodolls are so perfect for the dioramas. They are in scale because they are shorter than the FR and Barbie dolls but not as small as Pureneemo dolls.

      Delete