Hope everyone is having a great weekend (for those who are still on it). Mine is winding down but it's been a pretty productive one. I forgot to take a photo of the updated doll room so I will do that in my next post but it's finally done and I'm calling it the art room. If I can get my hands on more of the scrapbook paper I used for the walls, I may be able to add an extension to the room to include some craft room stuff.
I finished my second yarn re-root for the weekend. This time on my Geek Shriek Ghoulia. I attempted to make her a wig using a wig cap and some blue black wefts I got but it did not turn out well at all, hence the yarn.
I've made some slight changes but she's loosely based (on appearance and job) on one of my Sims 2 characters from my short story, Solaris 5.
Her nickname is 'Crash', better known as Lilith Jones formerly of The City until certain events took both her mother's and sister's lives. After that, she moved to The Rim, a place where people left their past behind and started over.
Crash has mad computer skills. This is why black market jobs come her way regularly however, she's fairly particular about who she helps and why. She doesn't let anyone get close to her and is pretty happy with the way her life is. She likes solitude and isn't too keen on being overly friendly with anyone.
She's about to find out that sometimes, destiny chooses for her.
As I was re-rooting this doll, her entire life played out in front of me right to the point where I meet her in her story, in a seedier part of The Rim with a bag of spare parts and grumbling about how many credits it had cost her. She walks past an alley (why is it always an alley!!) and sees a Freshie in trouble. Her first instinct is to keep on walking, "Not my problem". But as much as she likes to push down Lilith's nature, it comes roaring to life and Crash decides to swoop in and save the day.
"If you want to survive in this hell, you need to dirty up a bit and not look so clean." are the first words she says to the victim.
And the rest as they say is history. Crash aka Lilith Jones was born in all her flawed beauty. Now I just need to make her the proper outfit to go with her attitude and we're all set.
Not sure what the world is called yet but I know there's a distinct divide; The City where the privileged, rich live and The Rim where the nastier side of society dwell, whether by choice or forced. The City is clean and neat. The Rim is dirty and messy. Complete opposites but they need each other to survive.
I will have to figure out how to make Crash's room. It certainly can't be neat and pretty. She doesn't make that much money off her skills but it needs to be big enough to photograph with two dolls in it; herself and aka currently known as The Victim.
The idea I had was similar to this house I built with Sims 2 for one of my Sim Stories "Swallowing Darkness". It was a house belonging to the protagonist of the story who was a private detective. Obviously he wasn't being paid the big bucks!
For the curious, the story was a Sims2 photo story. I've decided to upload some of the pictures I took for the story of the two main characters.
It's nice to get inspired by your dolls.
...and that's all she wrote (for now). Have a good week everyone!







Love the name Crash and I think it suits her so much! I also really like that you included screenshots of the original character you made in Sims, it added a bit of extra coolness to the post. Love how Crash looks with the hair tied up in the back, and also I find amazing that you could think of her story so much while doing the reroot, can't say I've had that experience while actually working on a doll, must been really nice~
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice wishes, hope you have an amazing week too! I'll go back to enjoy the rest of my sunday :D
I like her hair tied back too. She looks much more like the character that way. I'm working on ways to make goggles for her that will sit on top of her head.
DeleteStories tend to come to me at weird moments and I always see the entirety of an character's life play out. It's usually how their names come about as well. It will normally just pop into my head and if it doesn't, my go to is irish/celtic names.
Hope you had a lovely restful Sunday!
The last minutes of our Sunday over here is going on. Soon it will be Monday and a new, hopefully even a great, week is ahead!
ReplyDeleteCrash is adorable, even with her attitude - but we all need a bit of, as we say here, 'skin on our nose' or 'sharper elbows'. :D Love her story and she will do great in her life!
Monday is drawing to an end this way. I've been home from work for about an hour now. Still wish it was the weekend though!
DeleteShe's an inspiring doll and I can't wait to write down some more of her story and the opening scene between her and the Freshie.
Wow! I loved reading about your stories and seeing your Sims screenshots as well!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be awesome if it were as easy in real life to build those kinds of houses/sets for our dolls as it is in the Sims! Ahaha~
Anyway, your girl looks very cool! Perhaps this will inspire you to write out this story again? :3
Oh yes, it would fantastic if sets could be made as easy as they are in the Sims. I miss making my sets. In a way, I see the dioramas as "sets" and I get pretty gleeful when I can make it look like something that could have come out of my Sims game. I think that's why I am really enjoying the diorama crafting. Plus making miniture things just makes me happy.
DeleteI think it will. I actually have a hardcopy of the completed Sims story. Not sure Crash's story will be the same though as her world is more sci-fi than urban fantasy (which the Sims story was).
Great re-root Alasse and her story character is very interesting even to someone who has no idea about the Sims. I must admit seeing those room photo is very inspiring, but I'm still lagging behind the eight ball a bit with my creativity of late. Can't wait to see your artroom.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
Thank you Xanadu! It's a lot of fun and a lot of satisfaction to see it all coming together the way I want it to. I was hoping to work more on it this week on my days off but I'm feeling a bit under the weather this week, maybe a case of a cold or something!
Delete