Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Magazine Cover Meme

Xanadu posted a different sort of meme that I thought would be quite fun to do. Thank you Xanadu!

Here are the rules:
1. You need to think of a name for your magazine.
2. Choose a theme (it can be Halloween or something completely different).
3. Take an appropriate photo using your own BJD's.
4. Use your own editing program (let us know which one you used).
5. Most of all . . . have fun!

For mine, I used Photoshop 8. I have been itching to do some doll manipulation photos for a while and this was a great opportunity to stretch my creative muscle. Here is the result:


 I took a different approach and decided to go with a magazine about short stories and writing. I used some BJD characters for interviews, Cedric Kane (Soom Epidos), Tobias Black (AOD Gu). The fiction titles are actual short stories that I've written over the years.

This was a lot of fun and Deirdre was the perfect model for what I wanted for the cover.


Stock Credits:
Frozenstocks ~ Archway
Black B-o-x ~ Ivy
vatorx ~ Rainforest
MGB-Stock ~ Forest floor

10 comments:

  1. Found my way here from Xanadu! Wow, that is one amazing magazine cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had such fun doing this one. It's been a while since I've had the chance to be a bit more creative with my ideas!

      Delete
  2. Great magazine cover! Are you a graphic designer? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Milena! It feels like it's been a while since my last photo manipulation! And thank you for the kind words but no I'm not a graphic designer. I just like to dabble with photo manipulations. I love designing covers for fiction books though, just as a hobby. I find it's easier to fully realise my vision this way as I don't and often can't find the props or backdrops I need in the scale I need for my dolls.

      Delete
  3. Holy cow that is a stunning cover!! Now if mine doesn't come up that pretty I will feel I wasted 5 years in the university studying graphic design XD

    I need to take a nice photo, I have a few ideas so I hope to do this one too! Love your idea of using your short stories for the cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited to see what you come up with. When you told me about what you do, I've been so curious about your work. I'm just in awe of graphic designers. They do amazing stuff. And I'm totally convinced you're going to knock this meme out of the park and come up with something stunning.

      I really need to get back into writing and submitting my work to magazines again. It's been way too long!

      Delete
  4. Hey that's a cool magazine name Alasse! Love your take on this and I'm glad I helped inspire you to push the boundaries a little. Well done ol' girl. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu. You came up with a really interesting meme. I just had to participate. It's got me back into wanting to do more photo manips now that I've got a taste for them again. Sometimes, you just need a little push right?

      Delete
  5. I love how you took it to a whole new level and even did photomanip! Great job and I'm super curious about the stories now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun to do. Took a lot longer than I expected because I kept changing things. I keep saying I need to start writing again. I should just sit down and do it right?

      Delete