Friday, 28 October 2016

New Faces in the doll house

I had some new arrivals that I hadn't posted about. One arrived a few weeks ago and the other I got today.

On the playlist for this photoshoot: Green Day ~ Boulevard of Broken Dreams


Both girls are the same face sculpts and both are Fashionista dolls that have been transplanted onto a MTM body. The girl in the pink and white and black glasses is my new "Zoe", the other girl in the white glasses is Sabine. She's going to be a very sixties orientated girl so I'm hoping to sew some clothes for her in that style.



Even though they are the same face sculpt (if you haven't guessed, it's my favourite from the standard Barbie collection), I think these two girls give off very different vibes. It's all in the face screening I think.


Zoe in her natural environment ... online gaming.


We found this neat little fish tank in one of those thrifty stores (or dollar stores as people in the US know them as). It was perfect for doll size. Also apparently, if I fill it up with cold water, the fish grow bigger over the course of 72 hours to fill the tank entirely. When you pour the water out, the fish eventually shrink back to their small size. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm curious.


Wonder what she is daydreaming about ...


Close up of Zoe. I really love her shiny pink lips on this face screening.


One of the other Purple Top MTM models (I have six of this face sculpt now). This one had the dreaded Mattel glue seepage problem which made her hair tacky and yuck. So I ended up removing her original hair and am slowly re-rooting with black dread yarn. I also removed the matte pink lips and will most likely repaint with either dark purple or black. I may also repaint her eyes green but I'm not sure yet. I'm going to call her Cleo. Her name was inspired by Cleopatra as she reminds me a bit of her with this hair.

A few weeks ago, I bought a pattern from Etsy seller, Requiem Art Designs for some Pukifee dresses and made one of them for Inera.




It came together pretty well and I really enjoyed making it. I might make a few more and add a halter strap and maybe some plain ones with beading embellishments. I love this combination of colours on her. I didn't have any spare white socks which is why she is wearing red socks here. I will have to try and make some for her at some stage.

On the agenda for tomorrow is start work on some more dioramas and maybe finish up the re-root on Cleo. I want to make a 'distressed' looking table for the bedroom. I have a to do list that is quite long so I'll just plod along and get it checked off one at a time.

I'm hoping to get a photoshoot done for Halloween but we'll see how things pan out. How about everyone else? Are you planning a shoot for Halloween?

10 comments:

  1. I thought that Zoe has her original head, not from Fashionista. Which Fashionista is she?
    The dress with the cat is very nice.
    I'm very curious about this fish in the tank :-)
    And yes, I'm going to take some Halloween photos this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fashionista head is a very close match to the MTM head but the hair is slightly longer and isn't tied up and I think the lips are nice and shiny compared to the more matte look on the MTM head.

      She's I believe Fashionista Wave 2 - Kitty Dress. I found a photo of her on Amazon here. She's hard to find photos and reviews of as she's an older one. I remember seeing her when she was first released but she's near impossible to get now, at least locally here. I got her from Toyworld but they tend to get older stock in from their suppliers. That's how I was able to pick up the Fashionista with the half flocked hair (blonde)too.

      There were a few in that line that I liked but I wasn't buying Barbie at that particular time so I never got them even though I liked them. There's another one of her but I think it's one of the Style lines in the from memory green dress and really long brown black hair. I want to get her too at some stage. I think her knees are articulated but not her arms on that one.

      Looking forward to seeing your Halloween shoot!

      Delete
  2. Pink AND online gaming? feel like I found my soulmate haha! loving the new girls and that white and purple dress is so pretty! wish there was something similar in minifee size so my girl could wear it :D!

    The pukifee dress looks great! love the fabric, she looks like a cute snowman with the scarf and the red socks hehe, awesome photos!

    I was planning on making a costume for Ailene and take Halloween photos, but now I feel kinda lazy about it and I'm not sure if I will do it, but I do plan on doing doll related things this long weekend (maybe face ups? who knows!). Wish I was as crafty as you haha.

    I can't believe how fats time is going either, I'm surprised october is over, I still feel like I'm in february!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind those style of dresses either. My minifee girl would definitely wear something like that too, well, at least one of them.

      Hehe, of course! She certainly does look like a snowman with the scarf and socks. I didn't even see that until you mentioned it!

      I'll just be doing photos - don't think I will make anything for it. I don't think at this stage. Although, it depends how motivated I am feeling!

      Time is just passing so fast or maybe that saying is true? The older we get, the faster time flies? Or feels like it flies?

      Delete
  3. Wow, all 3 of them look totally different and I like what you're doing in terms of styling!

    Also cute dress, I look forward to more of your sewing work @o@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I came up with a story for them last night which I'll talk about in another post once all of them are done. I still have a wig to sew for one and lipstick to finish off for another.

      I'm itching to make some rompers for the fashion dolls.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful looking girls! Those Fashionistas are a bit different, but as you, I like them a bit more than the ordinary Barbies. And the One Dollar Stores are a great place to find things for dolls! We have one store about 3 hours by car up north. Not so close as I would wish for.
    Inera looks great in her new dress. Sewing is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the diversity in the Fashionista line, both in the face sculpts and body types. I remember when I was younger, Barbie was essentially that one face sculpt with the blue eyes and blonde hair. I'm really happy that she's evolved beyond that.

      Sewing is fun when it works. It's so frustrating when it doesn't work though.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new arrivals Alasse. Like the fish tank, it's fun shopping in those stores because you never know what you're going to find there. I'm pleased to read you are tackling some sewing now too. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added water to the fish tank today and my fish are slowly growing in size! It's so cool to see them do what it promises on the package.

      I actually don't mind sewing small clothes. It's the bigger ones that tend to get me a little grumpy because it never seems to work out!

      Delete