Monday, 14 August 2017

The Ken Factor

Some of you may remember a while ago that I got a Barbie Black Label Hunger Games Peeta doll. My plans had been to turn him into Doctor Who however ... I feel my Barbie girls need some male influence in the mix so I finally bought him a nice outfit (it's a Mad Men full suit outfit - although he isn't wearing the jacket in this series of photos).

I don't know his name yet. I really just need to sit down and write out all the Barbie characters and storylines as I think I'm getting some of them all muddled up! For now, let's call him Ken.


He had really pink lips when I got him which I have since removed. I still need to paint a more neutral skin tone colour on his lips. I'm not changing anything else about him as I love his default screening.





Funnily enough, this suit (minus hat and vest but add the jacket) could work as the Ninth Doctor's outfit as he actually wears a blue pinstripe suit.

I'm not sure who he is yet but he has been seen on Syn's arm now and then (maybe trophy boyfriend or arm candy?).

...Zoe is totally going to go nuts and geek out.

That's all for now.


10 comments:

  1. Love this look on him!!! And very on character!! Can't wait to see some of Zoe's reactions, are you going to share> hope you do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely share when he enters the scene and Zoe just happens to be around. Isn't she always though?

      Delete
  2. I love the way that hat looks with his hair peeking out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. The hat is really well made. I kinda wish now I had got the doll that wore this suit when he was available on ebay from sellers in my country.

      Delete
  3. The male dolls I have been looking at in the stores, look so odd in my opinion - but this one is a handsome one. Nice face and outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'normal' Kens have this weird line around their neck that is really obvious. It's a shame as some of them have interesting faces. However for some bizarre reason, for the black label male dolls, they made them look more normal so you don't see that weird line where the head meets the neck. It's really strange.

      Delete
  4. Hi Alasse,
    He looks rather handsome, and I like his naked lips just the way they are. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The naked lips are nice but I feel like he needs at least a little matte gloss or something. He is looking a tad unfinished to me at the moment. The gloss I use is matte so doesn't really shine after it dries.

      Delete
  5. I have Peeta doll too. But mine doesn't have so cool clothes. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing was those pink lips he came with. They were a nice colour ... but one one of my females! I needed something more subtle. The clothes are from the Mad Men Silkstone Barbie set, Roger I think, the guy with the white hair. I kind of want Roger now too! Although he doesn't pose at all!

      Delete