I finally got some time to have a bit of doll time and I decided to spend it with my Integrity Toys dolls.
Have some music to soothe your heart: Healer Main Theme
A bit of a late introduction. This guy arrived a few weeks ago but I haven't had a lot of doll time lately but better late than never!
This is Demetrius, an Integrity Toys Industry Style Lab 2017 Fashion Fairytale Convention Tate Tanaka doll. What a mouthful! He was part of Integrity Toys 2017 Liquidation Sale so I got him for a really good price. His hair was gelled to the nines and really fizzy. I wasn't sure about washing it out but I eventually had to because dried gel kept flaking off onto his face and the smell of the gel was really overpowering. Hence the floppiness of his hair in later photos. I might try restyling with my Azone styling spray which is much lighter but still does the job and doesn't leave the hair feeling like cardboard.
Demetrius is the male top idol for Zion Industries. He's a singer/model. He normally doesn't do suits but I don't have anything else for him at the moment. He generally prefers a more rock/grunge style.
He is also dating Zion Industries top female idol, Gypsy. She's a model/actress. The two are Midlan's power couple.
A photo Demetrius posted on his personal Instagram.
Some snapshots of the cast of Zion Industries.
Delphine is the sister of Zion Industries CEO. She runs her own successful business in the entertainment industry but also acts as a partner for Zion Industries. She's married to business tycoon, Dominic Snow. They currently have no children.
Savina is the CEO of Zion Industries. She divorced her ex-husband, Adrian West after one too many cheating scandals. She is Delphine's older sister by two years. It was Savina who helped Delphine get her own business up and running in the entertainment industry. Savina enjoys a rather solitary life when she is not at Zion Industries, not that she has any lack of offers from eligible men, she just prefers her own company. She is also highly independent with a strong personality.
**This is one of the most stunning dolls in my collection. She always takes me by surprise. Also one of my grail sculpts that I was lucky enough to get as she was offered as an exclusive doll during one of my membership periods with W Club which means no click wars (& stress) to purchase her!
Isha used to be an actress and a successful one at that. She grew tired of the "Hollywood" scene and the price of fame. She retired early and now manages Idol, Calithea. In her spare time, she indulges in one of her passions, writing songs and playing the guitar.
** This doll holds a rather special place in my heart as she was my very first Integrity Toys doll. I won the right to buy her in my first lottery. She got me hooked on these gorgeous fashion dolls.
My Integrity Toys dolls exist in a high pressure world of the entertainment industry. The story follows their exploits and explores the question of identity and dreams vs reality.
I'm hoping to pick up a few more male dolls this year, we'll see how aggressive the click wars get for those! I have my fingers crossed IT release a male doll as a club exclusive this year. One can dream right?
Enjoy the weekend!
















Wow, your dolls look awesome! I like the guy's hairstyle. I read that one of the ways of straightening doll's hair is to soak it in boiling water. But I never tried it myself. I never heard the "Healer" drama. However I watch Korean dramas from time to time. I enjoyed "My Unfortunate Boyfriend" and "Shut Up Flower Boy Band". You have great miniatures for your dolls. I particularly like that potted plant. :)
ReplyDeleteI've tried that boiling method but have found it doesn't really work too well, at least on the hair I've tried. With the boy, I have to be careful as he has flocking and I don't want to ruin that!
DeleteHealer is a nice rom-com with a splash of spy mystery to it. I watch Korean dramas all the time. I'm currently watching "I'm Not A Robot" and "Scholar who walks the night" as well as about three others!! I think I have heard of the two you mentioned but haven't watched them yet.
It's amazing what you can find in your local store.
What a bunch of beautiful dolls! Your photos are beautiful :-). The product used in Integrity hair is like concrete sometimes, I appreciate that they want to give the hair a styled look, but it's a mess to get it out isn't it :-). I wasn't aware of the existence of Azone styling gel, thank you for mentioning it!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, this photo session is lovely :-).
Hello, it's always nice to see somewhere new around these parts!
DeleteI really don't like hair gelled to the point they feel like cardboard. I also find they can look really stiff in photos too. Azone I think has two, the spray and the gel/wax. You can usually find them at places like Hobbysearch which is where I got mine but maybe AmiAmi might stock them too and HobbyLink Japan. They smell nice but not overpowering and I find they're lighter to use so the hair doesn't feel so much like stiff cardboard!
Thank you for visiting.
Super post Alasse. All the dolls look like the characters you have given them and they are styled beautifully. Love Demetrius's hair style and of course you'd have guessed ... the red haired girl is my favourite gal. :)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
Red hair girl certainly has that special something that we both like! All she needs is some subtle freckles however I am nowhere near confident enough to pull something like that off!
DeleteI always seem to enjoy photographing these dolls. They are so photogenic.
I love how the angles you used for all of these photos highlights the dramatic eyes that Integrity always does for their dolls. They all look fabulous! :)
ReplyDeleteThose dramatic eyes though, they're pretty mesmerizing. I think that's half the appeal of these deals for me. Even though their faces are static, I find so much expression in them.
DeleteWhat a handsome guy! Like the blue in his hair, makes some personality to it all. Love the little stories around these wonderful dolls, and I like the first photo of Savina.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It's nice how light and easy to move around these dolls are plus the availability of props and backgrounds. I'm happy that I ended up going with him. I hadn't planned on getting him but the sale price was just too good to pass up plus he's really grown on me.
Delete