Despite feeling a bit under the weather for most of the day, I felt a sudden inspiration just before the sun went completely down to take some quick snaps of my BJD characters. I am still waiting on bits and pieces to arrive for some of them.
Speaking of, does anyone know how to order direct from Dollzone? I want to get a few SD outfits from their website.
Onwards and upwards ...
The first snap is just as the title says, easy on the eyes. I've struggled with wigs for Belarus but I finally tried this new wig I got from Impldoll the other day on him. And it was like a light bulb went off. This is my Belarus. He's a bit of a vain immortal.Arrogant and a little too confident and sure of himself but then again, he does have the face of an angel so why wouldn't he be right? I'm debating whether or not I want to use the Dollzone jointed hands I've had forever with him or not. I love this shot of him because it shows off his personality perfectly.
Yadirah, my Matriarch, the First of the immortals to be made. She's lived for eight hundred years and I daresay, there's not much that surprises her these days. The mortal she eventually consumed was a shapeshifter and unfortuantely for Yadirah, at the time, she had shapeshifted into a young human child and Yadirah kind of got stuck in this form. Some would say it was her punishment.
Clever little Lucien who knows his way around lies and half-truths. He is very good at twisting things around to benefit himself plus his quick with his fingers and doesn't mind a bit of theft every now and then. He likes the adrenaline it gives him. I guess being immortal can have its downside, boredom for one, predictability for another. His favourite past time is needling Malek and pushing his buttons.
I could never find a wig that I liked on him so I decided he wouldn't have a wig. I also put this outfit on him and found it fits him very well compared to how much bigger it was on my Minifee El. I also changed his name to Valdis and he's joined the ranks of the immortals. He used to be a mortal called Eibon but Eibon was weak and Valdis found it way too easy to consume him. He likes his solitude and his forests and wild creatures. He is very spiritual but threaten the things dearest to him and he can be quite terrifying to confront. He's also very hard to track down unless he wants you to.
More Amaryll because she's a fascinating sculpt. I need to take photos of her out in the yard.
Sebastian's wig finally arrived. He's Evelyn's childhood friend but has been in love with her since they were teenagers. He has never told her exactly how he feels about her. He helps out at her home for runaway children. He also has a passion for music. His instrument of choice is the piano. He believes that music can be a doorway into a person's soul.
Deirdre is my travelling herb woman/hedge witch. She doesn't stay long in a town, always on the move never forming long lasting relationships. Maybe she's running away or hiding from something. Either way, she lives a pretty solitary life. Then one day, she rescues a man from his burning farm and her life changes and she finds a new purpose. I've already mapped out a scene of her and Josef (the man she rescues). I just have to photograph it.
I decided to keep her as my Yuki-Onna. I turned her back into what she was originally as that's the whole reason I got this doll. My Snow Witch is a stand alone character.
I have quite a few characters now that aren't part of the main story but are just characters I have. I think I am much happier not feeling the need to force dolls into storylines for no reason at all. I have been seriously thinking about getting Geraint his own body. Shame I didn't go ahead and get the old Dollzone 65cm body when it was available.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!










A very interesting overview of your characters! They have fascinating stories. The Snow Witch is a beauty, I love her face-up! But I like all the dolls, it's a great group :-).
ReplyDeleteThanks. The Snow Witch had her face up done by Xhanthi. She does really amazing work. I really love the gentle face too which is in complete contrast to the story of the Yuki-Onna!
DeleteIt's really great you give your dolls such detailed backgrounds. I enjoy reading such complex stories. And of course I write complex stries myself so I can understand how tricky is to create a character you're really satisfied with. I think I like your Yuki-Onna the best. :) She's got such a pretty and gentle face.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I won't be able to help you with DZ order. I always order on dealers' websites (Angelesque and Alice's Collections). However I don't intend to buy from DZ again as their service is getting worse. Luckily I got my DZ hands without problems but some people had unpleasant experiences like mistakes in orders or waiting time was too long. And I had to wait for my Akira for over a year. The good point of DZ is they have their bodies perfectly sanded and the dolls have lovely shaped fingers. :)
It's weird that DZ don't have their dealers sell any of the outfits though, just the dolls so you don't have much of a choice but to try to order direct from them which is a shame as their website doesn't really have any clear info on that part.
DeleteThank you. I love writing stories and write a lot of short stories in my spare time when I can. I used to submit my stories to E-Zines. I haven't in a long while though. I had a bit of an issue with a muse at one point. I just have to be careful my characters don't get too convoluted which sometimes does happen!
Also DZ wait times weren't so horrendous, I would order more dolls from them. I lucked out with my Hid. I ordered him through Denver Doll and ended up only waiting 3 months for him which was surprising.
DeleteActually, Angelesque has the original clothes from the companies.
Deletehttp://www.angelesquedolls.com/clothing/doll-zone.html
Oh I didn't know about that dealer. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. I will go have a look and add them to my bookmark. That will make things easier if I can get it through a dealer.
DeleteLovely to meet these characters again. I think it is great with the detailed backgrounds and stories. Yuki-Onna is such a beauty!
ReplyDeleteI have never ordered from DollZone, but I have visited their site. They have many beautiful things and I hope that you can order the things you want, if so from a retailer!
Well as you know, I am always tweaking my characters. Keeps me out of mischief! I guess it's cheaper than buying new dolls all the time too!
DeleteI hope I can too but I will have to check the measurements as I don't know if it will fit the doll I want to order the outfit for.