It's a beautiful day. Perfect for a trek into the Hosari Jungle. Lara packs her essentials determined not to waste this opportunity.
It's not long before she finds herself lost, turned around by the thick vegetation that obscures the sky making her usual method of navigation obsolete. Not one to give up easily, she forges ahead fighting her way through the overgrown paths and dodging the insects drawn by the smell of her blood.
She comes to a clearing where the vegetation is not as thick and she can finally see the sky. She estimates that it's been at least three hours since she crossed the bridge. Sweat gathers and slides down her skin and her breath comes in short gasps. She takes a long drink of her water, content to rest for a moment and get her bearings. She spots a gnarled old tree ahead and makes the decision to climb as high as she can. Perhaps if she can look out over the jungle top, she can find her way out.
She makes good time and is almost to the top when her foot catches on a dead piece of tree trunk. She loses her footing and begins to slide down. She turns her body slightly and somersaults through the air using the force of her slide to propel herself away from the tree. Her legs manage to catch onto a piece of hanging vine. That was close! She shimmies across the vine using both her legs and arms and makes it to safety.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Also wanted to share this awesome Magazine craft video by MyFroggyStuff for anyone who wants to spice up their 1/6 scale dolls.
Wishing everyone a good week ahead!




Ha, Lara is such a brave woman, she can do anything :-). I love this photo shoot! Thanks for sharing the link to the video, I love MyFroggyStuff, they have great ideas and present them in a very fun way :-). Have a great week too!
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of fun although tricky as she's not as posable as the MTM bodies. She's on a limited articulated body so I couldn't do some of the poses I would have liked to.
DeleteMyFroggy always have such great and easy tutorials.
Lara is iconic but to be honest I prefer Angelina. Somehow the new Lara doesn't convince me. However your Katniss looks great as Lara! She just needs a machete. ;) And the magazine craft is very smart.
ReplyDeleteI saw the trailer for the new Tomb Raider movie but for me, Angelina Jolie IS Lara Croft. She embodied that character so well, both her strength and her vulnerability. And some of those iconic scenes were in those movies. I want to play the Anniversary edition of the very first TR game. It's always been my favourite.
DeleteLara has one in my Sims game though!
I think she looks great!! I didn't like the new movie, but it is way too different from the reboot. The reboot games are great, and have an amazing story, honestly. I hope you can give them a chance!
ReplyDeleteI have read the reviews for the new movie aren't great. It's a shame. Sometimes a reboot movie isn't always the best idea around. Good to hear the games aren't too bad though. Thanks for the heads up. I think my husband has the game so I will have to check it out.
DeleteI wonder if i should watch the movies! I do watch a lot of movies, but Lara and Tomb Raider have in some way slipped away. But I know that Alicia Vikander (the new Swedish star) is playing Lara in the new version.
ReplyDeleteYour Lara looks amazing! Lovely photos and great little story.
I watch a ton of movies. I like the escape it provides from the real world. Sometimes, you just need to be transported elsewhere for a while.
DeleteI'll still give the new Lara a go despite the reviews I've read. Hubby said she's supposed to be different as she is a younger Lara before she became the tough woman she ended up being.
Great photo shoot Alasse! Not fond of reboot movies, so I will probably give it a miss.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up on the MyFroggyStuff, the background book was the best one I have seen and so easy to do, I will definitely have a go at it.
Hugs,
X
I actually have since watched the new movie and I gotta say, I was very very wary but I quite enjoyed it. The actress did a very good job of portraying Lara before she became well, the famous Lara. I kind of hope she gets a sequel!
DeleteI haven't seen new movie. But maybe I will.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, they look very natural.
I know MFS, they're great. :)
The new movie was really good, at least I think so. And thank you!
Delete