It's a sad day. I had to say goodbye to my little girl who lost her fight with kidney disease. We had to make that decision after seeing her struggle overnight, unable to barely walk, trying so bravely to soldier on as if nothing was wrong. Even trying one last time to please us. She was my light, my angel, my rock. I will always carry her with me, nestled in my heart and in my fondest memories of her. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make and even to the very end, my heart railed against it, begging me to be selfish and to hold on longer. But she was suffering and I couldn't bear to see her like that anymore.
I can see her now, waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. She is a young cat again, able to run in the fields, chase butterflies and play with her long lost brothers and sisters and her mother who gave birth to her. She is no longer in pain. She is free and happy and she will be so missed. She was very much loved and I thank the universe that she chose us as her human parents.
Until we meet again my sweet girl...
31 May 2001 - 20 October 2018
I'm so sorry Alasse. I know your pain. I had to made this decision twice by now. Both my cats were deadly ill - one had heart failure, another FIP (viral disease, but there is no cure for it and it's very painful). I cried and it was really hard.
ReplyDeleteBut be sure your decision was the only one you could made. It was good. Painful, but good.
Remember she had a long, wonderful life with you. That helps.
The saddest thing about our little, furry friends is that they don't live as long as we do, and that there are so many painful goodbyes in our lives. We had to see them getting older, sick, to see them suffer and then we need to make such hard, painful decisions. But I know that your decision was right. Your kitty had long, happy life with you and in her final moment you were able to let her go to the place were she can be healhy, young and happy again. I believe - no, I KNOW - that you will see each other again. I just know it.
ReplyDeleteShe was a brave friend and you were brave too when you let her go rest. As you said, she's waiting for you when the time comes and you will meet again.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very sorry to hear this but you were very brave to put her first and let her go, leaving her free from pain. She will be really missed but you will never forget her. I always feel that when of our fur or feather family leaves us, they break off a little bit of our hearts to accompany them on their journeys. :(
ReplyDeleteBig hugs xxx
Beautifully written about your little kitty. She's in a good place now, with no pain. Hugs and stay strong.
ReplyDeleteIt was the best decision although so painful. She can rest now. I'm sure she was grateful for your love and care and that you finally let her go. She will be remembered as a faithful companion. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry but this was the best decision You make. Watching suffering of furry-friend is really heartbreaking. She's in a good place now, with no pain. Hugs and stay strong.
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your kind words and support during this difficult time. It's been a big adjustment for all of us but we are taking things one day at a time. I am keeping a close eye on my other cat for depression. He has been missing her these past few days so I have to make sure to comfort him and make sure he continues to eat and drink.
ReplyDeleteMissed this post completely Alasse. So sorry to read this, I know how hard it is to let a pet go, it's like loosing a member of your family. But you did the right thing, no-one likes to see animals suffer and in time things will begin to get easier for you to bear.
ReplyDeleteSending you big hugs,
X