Friday, 21 December 2018

Have A Good Ole Jolly Christmas

The next few days are going to be pretty busy here (and I have to work Christmas Eve) so I won't get much online time between now and Christmas Day so firstly I want to thank everyone who reads the blog or stops by to visit. It's always nice to chat with you all. And ...


I hope everyone has a really wonderful Christmas from everyone here at The Wayward Inn!



In a quick update, I was looking at all the events being held by the various doll companies and noticed MYOU was having a 15% off sale on their dolls. I told my husband as I had my eye on a few of their sculpts. He surprised me by saying, "Well, your birthday is in January so pick a doll and I will get it for you for your birthday present."

**Photo by MYOU.

I was debating over at least three sculpts, Delia, Ailsa and Bohe but ultimately, I went with Ailsa as I like both her face and her name. I got her with the face up and in their coffee resin tone which from my research looks like a really lovely shade.

I also decided to get her on the Version II body, 2-part torso. I really like the shape of this body. I have heard it's not as good to pose as Version I or their newly released Version III body but I am sure I can glue suede or wire the body to improve it some. I actually don't mind as long as she sits and stands which she appears to, I don't really get my dolls in super crazy posing. And the Version III body looks nice but is too skinny for what I need and I think the original heads might look a bit big on the new body anyway. I also love that Version II joints are actually balls. It's different to what I've seen before and I do not have a body like this at all so it's great to find something new and different.

Not sure how long she will take to get here but I'm pretty excited for this one. I finished updating the BJD crew profile page to reflect who she is shelling in my story. You will notice I kept her name because I liked it so much.

Have a great Christmas Day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    That Myou doll is a wonderful present for both Christmas and birthday. :)
    And I got a board reflector holder with a stand. Our men are so generous. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is a pretty one Alasse, I can see how she caught your eye. Thank heavens we have understanding and loving hubby's eh? :) Hope you both have a wonderful Chrissy!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have great Christmas, and best wishes for you and your family - especially your husband, who is every doll collector dream :). Ailsa looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! She's stunning and the body is very pretty!!!
    Merry Christmas for you and your family!!!Hope you have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas :)
    Congrats on a new doll and on lovely and supporting Husband :) I'm really curious her final look after you get her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful doll! :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your beloved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas! And that is one beautiful and cute doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the incoming new doll, she's lovely and I look forward to seeing her in tan, as tan dolls are my favourite!
    I hope you had a great Christmas and that 2019 is a great year for you!
    Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete