Wednesday, 6 February 2019

Singing in the Rain

Actually, did not sing in the rain but the things I do to get some photos. I ventured out as the recent heavy rainfall in our city has caused some rather interesting water features throughout both my front and back yards. Armed with my trusty camera mounted on my Gorillapod, a wash cloth and an umbrella to protect my camera from getting wet and a few figures, I headed out to brave my yard. I got soaked within about 5 minutes (the umbrella was for the camera, not me!). But it's all for the photos right?








The Archer is my favourite I have to admit. I didn't know which one to include. Hubby said he liked both the long shot and the closer shot. I would have put her in deeper water but the rain was starting to get heavy and I didn't want to chance getting my camera wet.

It was certainly an experience.

20 comments:

  1. I hope the rain finally stops. You are fearless photographer. The photos are great. The Archer looks like she's fighting with the bad side of the nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did stop for most of the day today but it started up again about two hours ago and it's heavy. I am so over rain already. I saw an opportunity and took it. It was raining hard enough to chase the mosquitos away though which was good.

      Delete
  2. It's always the crazy situations that do get the best photos! :D The archer is also my favorite, and both shots are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when I'll get this water feature again as we've just had a year's worth of rain dumped over us in 10 days so that's not something that happens often at all. I am not so hesitant with figures but if it were my bjds, I probably wouldn't have done this!

      Delete
  3. I think it was well worth the trouble!!! The last photo is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Archer figma. I bought a bunch of "fantasy" figmas a while back to make a companion group. I really need to take a photo of them all together.

      Delete
  4. I hope you are safe there in Australia.
    All your photos are great. I love the first and the last most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am safe where I am. Sadly other parts of my city are under water and houses have flooded through. It's our second biggest natural disaster here after Cyclone Yasi ripped through here a few years ago.

      I had a lot of fun even though I was soaked and that's what it's all about right?

      Delete
  5. Hey these are great mate! If I had to choose between the last two, I think I prefer the distance shot. It shows more of the "vines" and creates more "atmosphere" (perhaps not the best choice of words, but I'm sure you get my drift). They were certainly worth the soaking.:)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu. Yes I know what you mean. I like the long shot too. It shows more of the environment around her and what she has to deal with! It was a lot of fun to take these although afterwards, I washed them and had to let them dry on a towel overnight before I put them back into their display cases.

      Delete
  6. I think the second of the two archer shots looks a little more dramatic - something about the depth of the water looking deeper. I love all of these photos though (especially the second one with the raindrops on the figure's hair). Worth getting wet for them, at least as a viewer! :)

    We're having freezing rain now and I was tempted to go outside and try to get some photos but I was afraid of sliding down a hill. Next time I'll be a little braver! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will be getting soaked for photos too often. But it seemed like a good idea at the time. Not sure I felt the same after the soaking though!

      Just make sure you don't attempt anything that might put yourself in danger! Photos are never worth that!

      Delete
  7. I hope the rain will stop soon... To little water is a problem, but too much is a problem too - we sometime have floods at the beginning of spring, when the snow melts in the mountains.
    But the photos are fantastic! And you have Motoko figurine (is it Figma?)! The Archer pics are most artistic, but I love them all - little Rey looks like she was in the middle of a swamp ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has finally stopped but now it's hot and humid. We can't seem to get a happy medium here. On the upside, it means the flood waters will go down now in suburbs that are still flooded.

      Motoko is the figma version. I'm glad I got her but she's hard to pose without assistance. Rey was in a new water feature caused by the heavy rain, a trail in my backyard where water was running down to the front.

      Delete
  8. Lovely photos and there is something special with rain as an effect on photos.
    Hope the rain did stop and did not make too much problems. We have got a lot of snow and it is chillingly cold. In a couple of months the Spring flood will come, when the big amounts of snow will start to melt. Not so bad at our region, but up north it can be raging floods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay warm! I would love to trade your cold for our summer heat though. The past few days have been horrendous here. We've gone from heavy rain and flood to heat and humidity here. One extreme to the other.

      Delete
  9. I know that need to take the photo no matter what weather it is. :D

    Your photo session turned out great. I like all the pictures, but those two with the Archer are just amazing. Your husband was right - both shots are really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try and do a group one with all my Figma companion group. I have the Archer, the Mage, the Paladin and the Necromancer. Just have to figure out how to do it. I am never great with group shots!

      Delete
  10. Your photos are lovely, I think it was certainly worth the effort of going out in the rain :) I think photos taken during or after rain always look so beautiful, the drops of water just make everything seem so fresh and green too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my yard was actually green for a change so it was a good opportunity. I liked the running water too. It only happen when it rains a lot here. I just have to do it quick because of the mosquitoes!

      Delete