Friday, 29 March 2019

Doll Haul Day

I've had a few dolls on pre-orders recently, not expecting they'd all be released and shipped at the same time and arriving at the same time. Needless to say, I'm a little broke for the next two months but the dolls were worth it.

The first lot are the W Club exclusive dolls from the 2018 year. 


Isn't she a beauty? I adore this face screening on her.



This was a two doll gift set called, "Split Decision Poppy Parker." She was sold at $189 USD which is a pretty nice price for two dolls with complete outfits and accessories. The two dolls in the box. Safe and sound for their long trip from the US.


This Poppy Parker has a similar screening to the very popular (and very rare) Bergdorf Goodman Poppy Parker. Fans had been asking IT to do a similar screening for a while and this Poppy is the result. She's certainly the reason I got this gift set. I really love that face screening. I also like that it pays homage to the earlier Poppy but isn't an exact duplicate of her.



A lot of collectors weren't too fussed on the second Poppy as the promo photos showed her with a slightly different Poppy face but on release, it looks like they used the regular Poppy face. Although to be honest I didn't really notice that much of a difference between the two. I also wanted her mostly for her hair, make up and outfit. She looks positively electric. Parts of her hair though is really frizzy for some reason and she had so much gel on that fringe, it was plastered to her face, I had to wash it out. 




Devotion Agnes Von Weiss was part of the 2018 Sacred Lotus collection. I loved every single doll in that collection (link to a blog that talks about the collection here). Unfortunately, I couldn't really afford all the dolls (unless I won lotto which I didn't!) so it was a hard choice to make between all of them. Some were easy (they sold out at dealers by the time I could check them out) so that left only a small handful still available, one of which was a Club Exclusive. Everything about this doll is perfection. Her theme, her face screening, her accessories, her outfit, her shoes are amazing, her henna tattoos ... this girl has it all. She really spoke to me and was the one I was most excited about.


I'm excited to introduce her into the Ivywood story. All I can say is that who needs enemies when you have Agnes.


And last but certainly not least, are the two new Made to Move Barbies I had to order from Amazon US as nowhere in Australia sells these dolls. At all. (Oh yeah, we are finally allowed to order from them again.) I have one more MTM Barbie I am waiting on but it's been almost two months now so not sure when she'll arrive. She's on back order. I am really loving these two faces. They're very different from the others I have here and I actually love their outfits.

That's all for the doll haul today. I've never had so many dolls arrive at once!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great abundance of dolls! :D

    All your new ladies are wonderful. I'm not a big fan of Poppy, but these two are amazing. I would love to have the raven hair one. Amazing.

    Agnes is a completely different story, but I love her face. I always think that she is high-and-mighty one but I would love to have one... ;)

    And mtm girls are sweet. I have them both and they are a great purchase too. I'm sure you will have great fun with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit overwhelming though! I really did not expect everything to come at once. I know the Integrity dolls were supposed to be released a few months apart so I had planned for that but then it changed. Ack.

      I think these two are the best Poppy dolls I have so far. They just did a really brilliant job on both of them.

      Agnes does have this haughty look to her like she thinks everyone else is small compared to her. Which actually suits her character as a Death Goddess.

      MTM Barbies are my favourite because their posing is just so easy to handle. The one thing I do wish they did better was stand though. Their tiny feet makes it impossible without some major fiddling.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a great bunch of dolls. :) The dark haired Popy is lovely but I like the second one even more. I think it's because she's so different from a regular Poppy. And she has nice dark lipstick. Agnes has a fantastic sari-like outfit but I'm not fond of her face. She has such a cold expression. Is it disdain? But her henna tattoos are awesome. MtMs are great too. I hope the dark skinned one is in better condition than mine (if you remember my post about body for Mbili).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Agnes has that cold disdain expression too. I've never actually seen a rendition of her that is warm, at least to my knowledge. I have never seen tattoos on IT dolls before so I love they are branching out. Silver Poppy is different isn't she? I love that about her.

      I remember all those issues you had with your dark MTM girl. I checked mine over and thankfully, she has no major flaws. A few marks around the arm joints but nothing like the ones on yours. Her face screening is amazing though. I didn't think I would like the pink lipstick on her but on mine, it's actually quite subtle pink. It's not really glaring, like they used a lighter shade that almost looks a level above nude on her lips.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful dolls, it must have been exciting to have all those to open! I really like those MTM Barbie outfits too, and their faces, they're very nice and I think much nicer than the ones I had....and recently gave away.
    I love those two girls in the set, they're just gorgeous!
    And the Devotion Agnes Von Weiss, wow she's amazing! A lovely lot of dolls to show us, thank you for sharing!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and the IT box was huge. Biggest box I have received from them so far. I was a bit worried as I had to order the MTM girls online so I was ordering them without having seen them in person and given Mattel can be hit and miss with their face screening, I was nervous but in the end nothing to worry about.

      Delete
  4. You've got some fantastic loot again :)! All of them are simply great, congratulations once again! Though Agnes looks a bit scary ;)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy about the dolls even if my wallet isn't. They are all amazing dolls but I think I will have to watch my purchases this year now!

      Delete
  5. What a great haul, how many dolls do you have now? (Take some group pics!)~
    I love the henna (?) tattoos on Agnes also x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, group picture, the thought terrifies me honestly. Not sure I want to know how many I have! I have three full cabinets now and that's with moving the MH and EAH and Disney Princess dolls to the cupboard in my craft room!

      That henna tattoo is amazing isn't it?

      Delete
  6. OMG it would have felt like Christmas at your place! Love, love, love the Poppy's. Agnes is not really my style, but she is quite stunning. You know my feelings on Barbie dolls.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think these are the best Poppy dolls they've done to date. I am really happy with both of them and I know in recent times, Popppy has been a lot of hit and miss for me. Agnes and her face style is certainly one of those love/hate faces.

      Delete
  7. I love the poppys, but especially the first one, I'm such a fanb of them and you always pick the best poppys :D!
    Agnes is also stunning ofc, and the tattoos are super cool! That dark aura she has going on is certainly special.
    Did you get those MTM for body swapping or they will stay as is??
    The dark one remind me a lot of the puma barbies, oh how much I wanted them! But I don't wanna get into barbies haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get into Barbies, they're like chips plus they are super affordable which is always dangerous territory! Having said that, I do love my Barbie girls particularly with the amazing clothing they have now. You don't see much of them on the blog but they're there, hanging out in their renovated doll house. I always walk past and change their poses or what room they are in.

      I think I will keep the MTM Barbies as is. I don't mind their faces. I like them a lot. They remind me of Sim faces!

      You know me and Poppy. I really broke my no Poppy rule last year. But I'm glad I did because these two are top notch. Agnes, what can I say? I love the grumpy ones.

      Delete
  8. OMG, you have got fantastic loot :) All your new dolls are great. Both Poppy are beautiful. I love those doll due to thier faces expression :)
    And Agnes she is amazing with her eyes and mouth...
    MtM Barbies are also great addition to your collection. Even I (who do not collect Barbies) got two of them (ok, I'm going to steal their bodies for Pullips :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the Poppy dolls have that very retro look to them which I like. Oh, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Barbie/Pullip combo. I never thought to use those bodies. I plan to one day put mine on Pureneemo bodies.

      Delete
    2. I made such a hybrid once:
      https://balbinkoweemporium.blogspot.com/2018/08/jesien-w-srodku-lata.html
      https://balbinkoweemporium.blogspot.com/2017/10/pullip-mio-mocha-imieniem-jesien.html
      here you can see how it looks like. Sorry, those post are in polish only, but photos are in international language :)
      I'm very pleased with this hybrid. Pullip can pose very well, and you can get her all Barbie clothes and shoes you like. There is one minor drawback - it is very difficult to make her stand on her own because of the ancle joint in MtM (and heavy head) :)

      Delete
    3. I think even with the normal default Barbie head, the MTM has such small feet that even then I find it hard to make them stand on their own without a lot of fiddling. I think the Pullip heads look really cute on that body. And those two girls are so gorgeous.

      Delete
  9. So many beautiful dolls! Must have felt like Christmas Eve! :) I do like Agnes and I agree, she has it all! Congrats on getting these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I did feel a bit overwhelmed by so many dolls arriving at once. Luckily, this doesn't happen a lot so it's all good.

      Delete