I have to admit, either I'm getting more impatient the older I get or I've been so spoiled by my fashion dolls that I've forgotten the long wait times for bjds. I ordered this girl on the 21 December 2018 and she arrived to me today, 21 March 2019 - so that's 3 months. Thank goodness she was worth every minute of that wait!!
I ordered her in their coffee tone which is essentially their tan option. No extra cost to boot.
I also got the default face because I really really liked it a lot. And it does not disappoint. The eyes that came with her were quite nice glass eyes too. I ended up changing them out but I am sure I will use these for another doll.
She does not look this orange. It was the way the light was shining on her. The previous photos are truer to how she looks in reality as far as resin tone goes. I ordered her on their Version 2 body which I know a lot of people complained about lack of posing but, I adore the aesthetics of the body and frankly, she does everything I want her to. She stands like a champ. She sits like a champ. And she has no problems standing on carpet. I cannot say that about a lot of my other dolls. And actual ball joints. Okay, so that was what got me interested in this body in the first place. You don't see that often enough. If you're curious about the finer points of the body, you can check it out on MYOU's website here. Their 1/6 dolls have a smaller version of this body. This means I'll most likely get Delia at some point. Maybe end of the year depending on how much I spend on fashion dolls this year.
She has a temporary wig here and unfortunately, she cannot fit any MSD clothes I have on hand except this one and even then, the dress is a tight fit around her chest. I will have to do a comparison with my other MSD girls but this girl is definitely not a slim MSD by any stretch of the imagination!
And because I was curious how she would look in Brunehilde's wig (which is too small for her anyway), I decided I liked it a lot and poor Brunhilde will need to have another wig. I plan to add leather straps to cover the rubber bands.
A close up. She's adorable. I really like the new eyes I put in her. They are green realistic eyes but they look kind of grey in this photo.
Overall, I love MYOU's dolls. The resin is lovely, the doll is lovely, the aesthetic is gorgeous and the face up is incredible. I really love their face ups a lot. It is a different MSD size, I think she would be probably fit into JID clothing, she feels a bit like the old JID I used to have in terms of bulk and weight. Shame Iplehouse aren't selling a lot of JID fashion right now. Anyhow, I love a challenge.
**********
SNOW QUEEN
I finished her face and added the gems. I'm quite happy with how things turned out. I did try to add eyelashes but that failed miserably. So I decided no eyelashes.
I initially wanted the gems just on her face but then I kind of got a bit carried away and hubby really liked that they went down to her chest like that and so do I.
I still haven't added seed beads to her tulle skirt. I may not do that in the end as I don't mind it like that. But I am planning on adding a fur shawl for her. Still not sure on the crown. Hubby likes the crown and thinks I should use it. She kind of looks grumpy to me. Which is fine.
I have a few more projects to start on, the one I am looking forward to the most is my version of a Dryad.
Hope everyone has a smashing weekend!










Ailsa is so lovely! And only 3 months is really fast. She's one of the cutest Myou dolls. However personally I would choose BoHe. :) Ailsa looks gorgeous in Brunhilde's wig but I think it would be even better if the hair colour was more like sienna, more sunny shade. As for the Snow Queen she looks great but you're right - a shawl is a good idea. Have you thought of a more delicate tiara with a tiny net of chains or beads falling on her hair (like frozen raindrops)?
ReplyDeleteOooh I really debated over Ailsa and Bohe. So many times I decided on Bohe but in the end Ailsa's cute little face and face up won me over. Wow that tiara you describe sounds great but I really don't know much about wire jewellery yet. I am teaching myself though. I did spy a wire tiara that may work but it depends if I can pull it off!
DeleteYour new girl is beautiful, she reminds me of a Volks doll in a lot of ways, lovely resin and a really pretty faceup and chunky looking, not chunky fat but chunky sturdy if that makes sense. The wig is great as are the replacement eyes.
ReplyDeleteAnd you've done a great job on the Snow Queen, she really does look icy and chilly with her gems like icy spots and the colours you've chosen for her :)
x
Yes that makes sense. I think maybe I am not used to chunky MSDs! But she has a good solid weight to her that I really like. I don't normally go for younger looking dolls but she's adorable. I am having fun with Snow Queen and making sure I take my time to get things the way I want them.
DeleteCongratulations Alasse, she is a gorgeous doll with a lovely faceup. I like both sets of eyes on her and the wig suits her face perfectly. She has a young face, so I imagine that is why her body is a little more substantial. I find most younger dolls are not as thin as their older counterparts.
ReplyDeleteThe Snow Queen has turned out really well, you should be pleased with yourself! :)
Bug hugs,
X
MYOU did recently release a slender body but it looks super skinny so I'm not sure about it. I was almost tempted though but this Version 2 body, I just love the sort of pear shape to it too. I am really glad I took the plunge to create Snow Queen. I had wanted this character for ages but was never confident enough that I would pull it off. I am really surprising myself lately.
DeleteYour new girl is wonderful! And the last portrait - perfection. :) She looks so delicate. And you are absolutely right - her face up is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnd the Snow Queen is great. Shawl is a very good idea. Maybe some rhinestones on the bottom of the dress?
She also gives nice form to this dress. On my slimmer MSDs, the dress is pretty much formless but her chest gives it a bit of shape I think. I will have to experiment with the bottom of her dress. I'm just not sure how to achieve what I see concerning that sadly.
DeleteMaybe add some simple long white skirt under? It should be longer than the purple dress. To make the whole outfit look like it's with the underdress?
DeleteShe is already wearing a white underdress beneath that purple dress. It sits a bit higher on her because of her height. I believe this dress was designed for a smaller MSD doll. I will eventually have her in something else entirely.
DeleteAilsa is so beautiful. Her face up is very delicate and I love this tiny details near eyes corners. I think she is typical MSD girl. Not the slim one, but this normal MSD size dolls. And if you want clothes for her you can try look at Allice's Collection. Those should fit her nicely :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the Snow Queen looks great. I think shawl and crown are very good ideas :)
I love the corner eye details. You don't often see that on dolls. I will need to make some clothes orders soon but will have to wait until my next pay. All my doll pre-orders shipped at the same time!! Unexpected! Just gotta find out how to make doll shawls!
DeleteAwww, congratulations! Ailsa is beautiful and so delicate and fragile - I love her faceup. And that dress looks so good on her!
ReplyDeleteSnow Queen now looks regaly cold - like she should ;). Gems fit perfectly, and I also think that some shiny and elaborate (crystal?) crown would be great addition.
I'm glad the dress looks good on her, I had a heck of a time squeezing her into it. Lucky the fabric stretches so that helps a lot. I have attempted a crown but want to make a second one as back up.
DeleteCongrats on your new dollie, she is so beautiful and her new eyes are better than the ones she came with. I have been eyeing on MYOU's doll Silvia, both versions.
ReplyDeleteYour Snow Queen looks amazing, and she should look grumpy - so it suits her! :)
Oh, me too! I am tempted by Silvia but the closed eye version. I can totally see her as my blind seer. Plus I don't have any closed eye dolls currently. Snow Queen is so grumpy because she's always cold!
Deleteyour MYOU's girl is stunning!! I love the skin color, it reminds me of the Junia I had, such a nice tone. And I love the eyes and wig you picked in the end, that's my kind of style too!~ It's hard for me to get new resin too, the waiting times and other factors make it less and less appealing.
ReplyDeleteYour snow queen is looking fabulous! I love that you went through the neck with the gems and the icy look you gave her is perfect
MYOU are a great company. I really love their dolls and now having handled one in person, I am even more impressed with them. There are no seams on this doll and no discoloration from the sanding (this doll is coffee so a light tan). Plus of course this body is love for me. I adore this type of body. The pear shape kind. Three months felt like forever and yet my IT dolls can take a year to be released and I'm fine with that! Crazy huh?
DeleteI am having insane fun with Snow Queen. She'll be the first doll of my private custom collection that I made myself. I still have plans to do a dryad, coraline, FF Shiva and a as yet unnamed character.