Thursday, 22 August 2019

A Night Out

A little departure in this post from dolls ...

A few weeks ago, hubby and I decided to head out into the city as it was Art week here and there were some displays on the beach and a light show in one of the local parks. I can't remember the number of displays but I only took photos of the two displays I thought were quite amazing.

These were taken with my phone camera. I didn't really feel like lugging the beast (my big camera) around all night given that we were walking around for two hours!



This one was carved out of timber. The amount of workmanship that went into this is amazing. Sadly, it didn't win the prize although personally, I think it should have. It was in my opinion, the best piece that I saw on the night.



This was the second piece that I thought was pretty stunning. The amount of work that went into it ... I love the shape and flow of this piece.


 It was a very windy and very cold night on the beach but I loved it. The cold bite of the wind against my face, my hair just going wild and the view.

After we finished up at the beach, we headed down to the park which was only a ten minute walk from where we were.


This was set up in the middle of the walkway of the park. It was pretty amazing. By this stage, the sun had fully set and night had finally set in.


After we watched the light display, we walked around the garden and took some quick snaps. I really love how this one turned out. They had lights shining on all the plants.


I just had to take this one. I am half expecting a tall dark figure in a long trenchcoat to step through that mist.

It turned out to be a really good night. We haven't had a date night like this in a long time so it was nice to get out of the house and have a look around town.

12 comments:

  1. What a great evening! The first sculpture is amazing! It reminds me of Dali's painting. And the lighting makes the park look mysterious and a bit spooky. In my case going out together is a rare opportunity as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just been so long since we've done that together. Usually we're always so busy or we have something else on so it was nice to have some time to do things like this.

      Ah, I see it now. It does look a bit like Dali's paintings. The craftsmanship on this piece was stunning. It would have taken the artist such a long time to craft it.

      It was great to see the park like this. Added tons of atmosphere and got my muse perking up.

      I think sometimes you just have to create that opportunity to go out together because life just gets so busy.

      Delete
  2. WOW some great photos, the first sculpture is amazing. And I do like the lights on the plants, it makes them look altogether different from what they would do in natural light.
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still scratching my head as to why that sculpture didn't win given that I saw the piece that did win and it was nowhere near as complex as this one. It was nice to get out for a change. We don't do it often.

      Delete
  3. First I thought the sculpture was made in sand! :D Amazing work done with the first one and the second one has something mesmerizing about it. Must be the flow. And the lights make the park exciting! It is great with these kinds of art shows. There is one in the nearest city back home, too. Last time there was a HUGE yellow bunny on one of the squares and some large popcorn here and there. Fun.
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge yellow bunny and popcorn? I would have loved to have seen that! It's nice that the local council hold this every year. It usually runs for a full month I think and they also have other shows around the town.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous photo Alasse! The sculptures are amazing and your photos of the light show are extrodinary, who would have thought they were taken with your phone!! I'm glad you had some time to share with hubby, date nights should be fun and this certainly looks like it was. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as there's enough light, my phone takes really nice photos. It's when I don't have enough light that it comes out grainy. I'm actually surprised those night time ones turned out actually!! I really don't like carrying the big camera around a lot so when I upgraded my phone, I got one that had a pretty decent camera on it as I use that feature a lot more than I actually use the phone to call anyone! It was nice to do something together.

      Delete
  5. Those sculptures/installations looks amazing! And the fact, that they were displayed on the beach, makes them to look even better, in the frame of open sea and the sky... And the garden shots are just as beautiful (with spooky red mist ;)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing sculpture to see in person, just the level of detail and craftsmanship that went into creating it. I was floored.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a really great night out! :)
    And I love the photos - both with sculptures and lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. A great change from my usual Friday nights at home! Both the beach display and lights were really worth going to have a look at. I'll do it again next year.

      Delete