December 31st, 2019. New Year's Eve.
This is the part where I usually do a round up of the goals I had set myself at the beginning of the year however, after looking back to my New Year's Eve post from last year, it seems that I never set any goals which is a good thing as I doubt any of them would have been checked off this year.
It's hard to sum up 2019. The most significant thing to happen to me was the loss of my cat of 19 years, one year after the loss of my first cat. The rest of the year honestly is a blur.
Since November, I have made more of an effort to work on not only my art but also putting down my thoughts in a journal. This has really helped me get some perspective on things in my life.
I had hoped to do a doll photoshoot today for this post but time got away from me. I spent the last day of the year going through and completing every unfinished art in my sketchbook since I started the book on 23.11.19. I have achieved this thankfully but it took me most of the day as a lot of it I decided to complete with gouache or watercolour.
I want to thank everyone for visiting my little blog this year, I appreciate that you stop by and share your thoughts with me. I wish you all a truly wonderful year ahead and hope that 2020 will see your dreams take flight.
And because I wanted to end with my final drawing of the year ...
I was inspired by this photo on pexels (photo by Matheus Bertelli). I used a combination of Prismacolor pencils and gouache. I'm not sure how this character came to be but I titled this drawing "Ascension". I was imagining the black bits the beginnings of the person disappearing from this world and entering a higher plane of existence where the body was no longer needed.
I'm looking forward to doing more of my art in the coming year and developing my skills more with different mediums. And maybe I will finally start creating my own fashion designs for my dolls. Now I just need to pick which ones will be my models ...
Have a great New Year's Eve and a great start of the year tomorrow!


Yes, this year was so... disturbed. I'm glad it's over and I really wish that the New one will be much calmer. And I wish the same for you. :*
ReplyDeleteI like this portrait. It's very intresting what you wrote about the message of it.
Happy New Year!
Let's hope for a better year ahead for the both of us! With really nice surprises in store.
DeleteI'm not sure how she turned out like that but I'm relatively happy with it. There are a still a few things about the portrait I would like to change but ... it's all a part of the process.
Happy New Year!
I only hope the new year won't be worse than the passing one.
ReplyDeleteMay it be a year of peace, love and balance.
All the best to you!
Me too. I need to maybe stock up some good karma. I'm keeping positive that this year will be a good one.
DeleteHappy New Year to you! Let's all wish for a good year ahead. And hopefully, someone invents transporters so we don't have to travel in planes for ages just to get to another part of the world!!
Oh and talking Robot companions (like C3-PO). That would be cool.
A new year brings a new beginning, let's both hope it's your best one yet. Maybe this is the year when you'll finally receive the good news you have been waiting for, well I'm praying for you my friend. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased you have found some perspective and are enjoying your illustrating, it's quite theraputic in a way, it allows you to think quietly to yourself while you are drawing and I can see you have already found that out. In the words of Max Ehrmann "Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence."
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALASSE!
Big hugs,
X
Oh I hope so. I'm not holding out much hope but when there's hope, there's always a possibility right? Thank you for your well wishes and you'll be the first to know if I get that bit of good news!
DeleteYou find the most interesting quotes. I love that one and you are so right. It does pull your attention inwards and let's you reflect.
Happy New Year my friend! May this year be a great one for the both of us.
May the new year be better than the passing one - hopefuly the best is yet to come! I like the concept for your art (and the art itself, of course).
ReplyDeleteI had a rough beginning of the new year, so I'm half asleep now (it's almost noon here), but everything ended well - I really hope it will be this way for the rest of the year ;)
I hope you don't have too many of those rough days going into the New Year! I will send you best wishes for a better year ahead!
DeleteGreat drawing! 2019 was, for me, a rather nice year even if the last months was filled with doctor's and a broken arm. But even this will pass and I doing so much better. I wish that the year 2020 will be a balanced year filled with joy and lovely adventures, for you and even for me. :) And some great dolls, that keep our minds and souls happy. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that arm mends quickly this year and that you will have a much better year with lots of nice surprises in store. Yes, I agree, dolls do keep our minds and souls happy. I need to work more with mine this year. I've neglected them a little going into the later part of the year.
DeleteHappy New Year! I hope 2020 has so far been kind to you. Stay healthy and safe!
ReplyDelete