Sunday, 15 December 2019

Time Marches On

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. It's not for a lack of not doing anything. I've recently started getting back into my art again and also journalling so I've been doing a lot of that as well as teaching myself hand lettering. I've discovered being able to reproduce hand lettering quotes enables me to quickly learn how to and what types of lettering there is out there. I've slowly started doing my own designs using everything I've learned over the past few weeks. I've also been doing some tutorials on watercolour and bought myself a cheap Gouache set to experiment with.

I did take some photos of my dolls today. My almost 2 month long order (of only 3 pieces of clothing) finally arrived from Alice Collection. I have to say, I am getting tired of waiting so long for clothes - and they aren't even sets either, just individual pieces.

Hubby recently bought me Paintshop Pro 2020 Ultimate (it was on sale) which also came with a bunch of photography applications as part of the package. I'm slowly learning it but these are my first photos editing with the program so I hope they don't look too bad. I'm very excited about the possibilities of photo manipulation with Paintshop Pro and can't wait to take it for a test drive.

Hubby also bought me an early Christmas present in the form of the HP Sprocket (pocket printer). It's been pretty awesome and useful for my journalling and printing out photos of dishes for my recipe book.

On to the photos ...  Seven models his new jacket.






Of course I hadn't shown the photos of my Violaine Perrin redressed yet. I am loving silver and white on her. Sadly though, after this photoshoot of her, I discovered one of her rings (my favourite!) fell off her fingers and I could not find it anywhere. Annoyed is an understatement! I did take more than two photos but I didn't particularly like how the others turned out. Really hoping hubby gets me that lens I want for Christmas.



I finally made my doll photo book for 2018/2019. I'm happy with how everything turned out. It's nice to see all my photos of my dolls in the one place!


Some pages from my sketchbook that I've been working on. Watercolour definitely does not work as well on normal sketchbook paper as it does on watercolour paper. The phrase "Bogo Shipda" is I believe Korean for "I miss you." and is from the BTS song, "Spring Day". I was really inspired by the lyrics of the song for this one.


I saw a photo of a gorgeous model on Pexels and really wanted to draw her. Then I found this awesome quote that was strangely relevant to how I was feeling on that day.


I found a tutorial on Youtube on painting quick flowers with watercolour. I went a step further and added some line art afterwards. I really like that addition a lot.


I hope everyone is having or had a good weekend depending on what part of the world you are in! I'll be sure to have another post up before Christmas day!

12 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous things to look at! And I must say, your Hubby is treasure :). Jacket looks great, but the waiting time... almost as long as for the new doll. I hope you will be able to find the ring!
    I love the watercolours and photo book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I never ended up finding the ring. It's been lost now. At least I learned a lesson from this. Take off all rings on the dolls except when you are taking photos. I think I certainly lucked out with my husband!

      Delete
  2. Seven looks really cool in that outfit. A bit like aspiring b-boy. ;) And Violaine has a lovely fur jacket. I love faux fur coats and jackets. Watercolours seem delicate although the palette can be vibrant. Why don't you try making watercolour postcards? I'm sure many people (including me) would love to get one from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought a little watercolour postcard pad recently so that's a great idea. Mind you, my skills aren't professional so I hope everyone will be able to forgive that! Seven is really starting to look how I want. He's becoming the musician I imagined.

      Delete
  3. Great post Alasse and I am so pleased you shared your illustrations. I must say, you've come a long ways since the first ones you shared. I am really loving the flowers, they are really cheerful and would look wonderful as a gift card . . . they certainly made me feel happy!

    Seven is looking extraordinarily handsome in his new jacket, pity about Violene's jewellery, but perhaps it will turn up. I have learnt not to keep jewellery on my dolls for that very reason.

    What would either of us do without the men in our lives? We are fortunate they both are understanding about our hobbies. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I try and keep up with my art every day when I can as I am wanting to improve and making sure I practice a lot and forgive myself when things don't turn out perfectly is a big key thing for me.

      I think I will not keep rings at least on my dolls in future. Especially the Integrity ones as they are so tiny!

      Well during a recent Christmas light tour, hubby was my helper in holding my doll while I took photos of her. He even suggested some poses too!

      Delete
  4. It's so wonderful when your other half supports your intrests and encourages you to do what you love. :)
    Seven looks great. But I can imagine you was not happy because of the waiting.
    Violaine is one of the dolls that I would never buy myself. But I really like to watch her on other people photos. She looks really great in white and silver.
    I'm so happy you posted your paintings. I love the blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I'm glad he is also in the collecting hobby so he understands. The wait time for clothing is ridiculous. I wish sellers would just make them and then you can buy them from their in stock choices. Particularly for things like that. I don't mind waiting if I've commissioned something specifically but when they are casual clothes like this, it can be frustrating.

      I had a lot of fun doing the blossoms. I will try and do more. Right now though, I am doing eye studies.

      Delete
  5. I loved seeing your artwork and lettering! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I've really got into lettering recently and I even have a separate notebook for lettering work. I find it relaxing!

      Delete
  6. Oh, those small rings and things - they have a tendency to disappear and I can only hope that it turns up one day, very soon!
    Great to see your art and paintings. Lettering is fun and I wish I had more time for that.
    Seven looks great in his new jacket. Crazy long wait for some clothes!
    Love the idea with a photo book with dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't hold out much for that as I had to clean the house a few days before Christmas so it's gone now either way sadly. I guess it's a lesson learned. I think that is a big reason I haven't really purchased a lot of doll related things or dolls for that matter this year. The wait times are starting to bug me.

      Delete