How is it mid January already? I really need to stop starting my posts with this question because every time I blink, a good chunk of the month has come and gone! It makes me feel old!
After reading Xanadu's post on her 2019 doll arrivals, I felt inspired to reflect back on my own doll year and see who arrived in 2019.
Let's start with the Integrity Crew...
Ordered and Arrived in 2019:
The first to arrive was Beyond this Planet Violaine Perrin with her gorgeous pink purple hair and stunning face paint. I love this doll and I have zero regrets in getting her.
The second doll was the W Club upgrade Level of Suspense Lukas with a very rebel vibe going on.
The third doll for 2019 was East 59th Victoire Roux Pink Champagne.
Ordered in 2018 but arrived in 2019:
Devotion Agnes Von Weiss and Split Decision Poppy Parker.
Other Doll Arrivals:
Mattel BTS dolls (7)
Harry Potter Dolls (Harry, Hermione, Ron)
Reflecting back, I thought it was actually a quiet doll year and that I only bought two dolls but it seems there were more dolls than that. Although technically, three of those IT dolls were ordered in 2018 but didn't arrive until 2019 so are they really 2019 dolls? Hmm...
I don't really foresee a lot of doll arrivals in 2020. My buying days have really slowed down now that I have such a large collection of dolls currently. I may even have to downsize or sell off entire doll lines. I've actually fallen out of love with the Pureneemo dolls for a while now so I've been thinking of trying to move those on too. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will get some photos of who is available.
How was your 2019 dolly year?









Well that wasn't such a bad tally Alasse. :) Pity about the Pureneemos, but I hear you too, there comes a time when ones focus changes. Are you still undecided about your Pullips?
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
I will keep at least three of the Pureneemos I think but will try to move on the rest although chances of that happening will probably be slim! I only really have 5 Pullips but if I do, it will most likely be Hatter and Alice as they are the only two that I never changed anything with. They even wear their original outfits.
DeleteAll your 2019 dolls look great! This was a good year, it seems :).
ReplyDeleteI need to check it properly, but in my case nendoroids seems to have taken over the house ;)...
I sadly had to stop collecting figures as I couldn't afford both dolls and figures! Right now, I am only still collecting/acquiring BJDs but only if there is something special about them beyond 'pretty'. I still would like to be able to get an artist doll one day but that is really a pipe dream that will most likely not get fulfilled.
DeleteThese are beautiful dolls! Xanadu has started something now because I've been thinking that I might do a similar post too :)
ReplyDeleteHugs Sharon x
It's good to look back on what the past year brought home. I feel they are the happy moments where I spend with my hobby.
DeleteYou had a really nice doll year. But Lukas lost his shoes somewhere. :) For me it was a year of change from SD to MSD and I also bought less Barbie dolls. Yes, slowing down is probably what happens to most of us at some point. I may buy a couple of NRFB Barbies from the 80s this year but time will tell if I succeed.
ReplyDeleteMy dolls really really hate shoes so they tend to go around barefeet!! Although in the case of Lukas, the shoes that came with his outfit, I can't get it on him! I will particularly be interested to see if you go even smaller than MSD! Fingers crossed you are able to get those Barbies from the 80s!
DeleteBeautiful arrivals during the year 2019. A year goes by fast and even if it feels that not so many dolls came home, it certainly can be the opposite. Need to look back at my year and see how it was dolly wise. Enjoy the weekend ahead!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, the year seems to gallop along at an alarming rate these days. I can barely catch my breath! I actually think I have such a big collection of dolls now that I will either need to stop or sell some. Funnily enough, I was only ever supposed to just collect BJDs. No idea how these other doll lines happened!
DeleteI think it was a good year, those IT girls are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBuying dolls is such a tiny part of the hobby, you do so much more with them! Hope you can sell the dolls that aren't making you happy soon~
I just need to finish most of the dolls first before buying more. Honestly, sometimes I feel a tad overwhelmed with my collection but luckily, it passes quickly! I hope I can too but the platforms I can use now are so limited.
DeleteWonderful arrivals. I think that even if they are few, they are so beautiful that the happiness is huge. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a beautiful way of looking at it. You are very right though.
Delete❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteDiscovering new dolls is always exciting isn't it? My first Lukas. And Violaine. I daresay though they may be the last of the IT dolls to join the crew as I will not be collecting anymore of them now.
ReplyDelete