I saw a tag on Instagram called #MinimeDoll where collectors had that one doll that was a representation of themselves. For me, I would have to pick Zoe as I modelled her personality, hobbies, likes and dislikes off myself. So in that sense, she would be a good representation of me. Her fashion style is also very similar to my own. She also wears glasses like I do, except mine aren't electric blue (not that I haven't wanted glasses like hers, she just pulls it off better).
In today's quick photo, Zoe is watching "Bride of Habaek", a Korean drama inspired by the manwha, "Bride of the Water God". Incidentally, the same drama I binge watched today. I thought it would be neat having her doing something similar today.
Over to you... do you have a doll that represents yourself? He/She may not look exactly like you but maybe there's a doll that took its inspiration directly from you. I'd love to see a post about your MinimeDoll.

Ah so we have another thing in common, I too wear specs. :) I'd never thought of creating a mini me though, it would take some thinking through, which means it would probably end up in the too hard basket. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI do like the diorama you have created for "yourself", your looking right at home and I'm pleased you finally adopted a puppy . . . just watch out for that binging, it could become a habit. :)
Big hugs,
X
I just picked a doll I already had that was pretty similar to me! I didn't go out of my way to buy her with that intention. It was just a happy accident!
DeleteOh hubby bought these Barbie puppies for my stocking at Christmas and I really love them. They are so well made and perfect scale for Barbie and probably Momoko too.
Such an interesting idea! Your MiniMe is a lovely girl and I adore the diorama (soo many interesting little details!). I though hard about it, but... no. I don't thing any of my dolls resembles me, neither in the way they look or when it comes to their hobbies and interests. We share some of them (love for cats, books and video games), but the rest... not so much. But I love the idea, so maybe one day I will get my smaller version :).
ReplyDeleteOh I would love to see your smaller version if you do ever decide to down that road. It's quite fun although I envy Zoe sometimes because she lives in such a great place. My actual house isn't really that industrial looking. A girl can dream right?
DeleteOh, that's really interesting. The doll that represents you has something in common with me. I also feel comfortable in jeans and sweatshirt, and I like industrial style interiors. I used to wear glasses but thank God for contact lenses. :)
ReplyDeleteAs for me, well, I don't have a doll minime among Barbies. However Hikaru's personality is very close to mine. He's a bit shy, romantic, sometimes melancholic, modest and caring. And he likes antiquities, vintage items and reading books.
I can't wear contacts at all. But I don't mind as I really love glasses. Which is why you see a lot of my dolls sporting them! I too love the industrial interiors. Shame my actual house looks nothing like that!
DeleteFor me, comfort outweighs being fashionable.
I wonder if we do draw a bit of inspiration from ourselves when making a lot of our doll concepts. I know that sometimes happens when I write characters.
I've picked up these bits and pieces over the years so I'm glad I am able to use them in this diorama. It's always fun to photograph scenes like this.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute photo Alasse, the diorama is really good, perfect for your MiniMe. I don't have a mini me, but my oldest BJD, Narsha by Dollmore always used to remind me of myself when I was a child, I have no idea why though because apart from the light fair hair, we had nothing else in common.
ReplyDeletexx
That's neat that your Narsha is kind of a Mini you when you were younger. I love that dolls can end up with those unexpected traits. I really need to get into more diorama making. I have so many ideas but have been addicted to Korean drama again recently. Need to take a step back from them otherwise I will never get anything done.
DeleteInteresting idea and I have not seen this tag. Well, have not been so much on Instagram though. It has been mostly swinging my arm and doing physiotherapy. I do not have any MiniMe doll at the moment, but most dolls I own have some bits and pieces of my personality. Even some pieces of me, that I wished I would be.
ReplyDeleteZoe looks great and the diorama is amazing!
How is the physio going?
DeleteI think we all do this to a certain level, insert pieces of ourselves in the characters we make. Most times it's not even intentional, it just happens. I really want to do more dioramas but it's so hot here at the moment that it zaps all energy.
I've seen many posts on IG - there re really intresting MiniMe dolls there. I'm very glad you made your version - she looks great! And I love her room. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't have my MiniMe. I'm not sure which doll I could use to be truth.
Zoe was the easiest size to work with!! It would be way too difficult to try it with any other doll line I think, for me at least. Zoe is just as much of a nerd as I am. I need to make her a library diorama.
Delete