Tuesday, 25 February 2020

We Are Family

Today, I wanted to take a bit of a look at how the past and present can be linked through bloodlines. In my first story, Daughter of Fate, we find ourselves in a world equivalent to the Middle Ages but with magic and a more fantasy slant. In my second story, The New World, we are in a world that is set in the future, albeit a bleak kind of future with a very urban fantasy slant.

Is magic still in existence? Well yes but not as predominant as it was back in the first story. A lot has changed since then. Both stories are set in the same place but at different points in time. What was once Embra is now a different kind of Kingdom. Centuries have passed since the first story.

However, descendants are still around. Not as many as there used to be and other descendants have died out but the ones that still remain are those below.



You can click on the image to enlarge it.

Astrid, the Queen of the West and her bloodline lives on many centuries later in Deirdre Quinn who was in a relationship with Seven's older brother, Ethan. The two were together since their teenage years and would have gotten married if not for Ethan's unfortunate death at the hands of a terminal illness. But before that happened, they had a daughter, Rune who carries on Astrid's bloodline.

Arianna grows to be a very powerful Wytch and goes on to have three daughters who go on to have children of their own. Allegra is the current descendant of Arianna. She has strong Wytch blood flowing through her veins but has not yet learned to master it.

As you will see, Allegra has no official profile icon yet as I am still searching for her and she will be the next BJD purchase. I am very heavily considering Dollmore Roo as this character but no final decisions have yet been made. She will be Ezekiel's love interest.

Teo, mentor to Ydros and lover of the Queen of the East also survives to have three children of his own. His current descendants are Ezekiel and Yanna from their father's side.

These three bloodlines have survived the centuries. Whether they know about their ancient ancestors or not remains to be seen.

I had a lot of fun making these links and it had been an idea I was playing with for a while so I thought it was time to get it down on paper at last.

12 comments:

  1. Your latest posts remind me I really neglected my own BJD story.
    Roo looks really nice. I like her lips and lovely nose. What worries me, however, is the coronavirus and its influence on Asian BJD shops. I still have order from ACBJD that hasn't been sent yet and order placed in South Korean company (should be shipped in summer). I hope I don't have to wait too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has an interesting face and I've been interested in Roo for some time now. And seeing as Dollmore also offer heads for purchase, I can always get her quasi sleeping head a bit later on.

      I did read on the DOA forum that ACBJD hadn't been allowed back to work yet. I know Impldoll is in the same boat. I believe right now, only Daegu is under lockdown. Most of the Korean doll companies I think are based in Seoul. I ordered some eyes and elastic string last week from Dollmore and they shipped the next day to me. I also see news of New Dolls from companies like Luts still so I think it depends. We just have to wait and see.

      This virus seems to travel pretty fast. It's quite scary. I just hope everyone is staying safe and are okay.

      Delete
  2. Don't know what happened by my comment just disappeared.

    I said that you were becoming so well organised Alasse and that I liked the idea of the family tree as it helped keep your story line in perspective.
    Roo's photo on the Dollmore website is very dark, and too dark for me to see her clearly so I shan't comment on her at this stage.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that happen too with some of my comments.

      I've started separate books for the stories where I just jot down plot points or character backstories when they come to me or anything else that I think I need to keep in mind. I like being organised plus I get to make use of my tendency to buy pretty notebooks all the time!

      There is another photo of her here from the Dollmore site. It was actually this photo of her that really sold me on her as a possibility. It's the first two photos.

      Delete
  3. This was an interesting post!
    A family tree is something I never thought of...And of course it made me think about my darling dolls - they have their own stories, but it is just Esther and Zipporah that cross paths.
    Roo could be a great version of Allegra. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing family trees. It gives me a clearer idea of which direction characters are going and adds to their backstory so I can trace their lineage back a few centuries which can explain why they have either stronger or weaker abilities.

      I've had my eyes on Roo for quite some time now. I just need to decide between her open eye version and half closed eyes version. I will get both heads eventually but need to decided which version I will order as a whole doll.

      Delete
  4. I do admire doll collectors who have such great backstories for the dolls. One day I will write down a story line for mine...one day! ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone collects dolls to tell stories and that's perfectly okay. We all enjoy our dolls in our own way. I started collecting purely because I wanted to shell the characters I write about in my stories or random characters that pop into my head that I want to get to know more. Having them in my Sims game just wasn't cutting it!

      Delete
  5. This looks so intresting! I must say it helps a lot to understand all the connections. Great idea.
    I also checked Roo - it's a very intresting doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew when I started the two stories that I wanted them to have some sort of connection even if that connection wasn't a major one but I knew when I started delving more into the two worlds that they existed in the same place just at different times in history so it was neat to see how the Embra of old has evolved into Silona and the Borderlands several centuries later and whether this "darkness" of then would become a factor in the darkness happening now in the future.

      Delete
  6. I love to see how both of your storylines are, in fact, one story, and the familiar bloodlines are still there. Family Tree looks great!
    And Roo is a wonderful mold - both Persefona and Hesperos are Roo's, just with half-closed eyes. I think this sculpt will work great for Allegra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those particular bloodlines will play a major part in what happens later in history and maybe even in the past before all that. I have a fledgling of an idea about the distant past and the reason behind this darkness that happened in the first place. It's only a small speck of an idea right now but I plan to develop it more.

      I had a hard time deciding between her open eye and half closed eye versions to be honest. I initially fell in love with the half closed eyes version but then the awake version came out and I liked that one too. I plan to have both heads anyway so I can interchange them. I wish I could afford both dolls though as full dolls - that would be neat but alas, my budget doesn't allow for that. So I will have to make do. She's a beautiful doll and I've always wanted a doll from Dollmore so she's a likely candidate for Allegra. But I don't plan on purchasing until much later in the year (probably October/November) so I'll still keep my eyes open in case anything comes out that might blow my mind enough to change my mind.

      Delete