Friday, 20 March 2020

Another BMR Comes Home

My final BMR doll arrived much sooner than expected. She was only shipped on Monday and arrived today. She is the blond girl with curly hair. I've already decided that her name will be Ivy.




Her original box. I really love the art on the front of these. They make the doll feel extra special. I also love that the art is signed.


In her original outfit which to me gives off a very Hip Hop feel. It also makes her look like a bit of a tomboy which I love. I do like how well made the outfit is compared to the standard clothes from Mattel. I love the colours too but I'm not a huge fan of the style. Her shoes are a sock with plastic soles. It's an interesting design and choice. I would have maybe preferred actual boots but it's nice they decided to try something different.


She has such a beautiful face. She looks like classic Barbie in some ways but in other ways not so much. Her face to me is softer and stronger than classic Barbie.


I decided to see what she would look like redressed. I think the new clothes changes her vibe a lot. But I think she is a pretty versatile doll in terms of style.


I'm incredibly happy with her and still finding her style. I really love that two tone hair and the curls are pretty cool. I am really glad I was able to get this one too. 


Today was also a productive day. This is the park bench that I put together along with a small coffee table and a wardrobe. They aren't painted yet as that is tomorrow's job. The great thing about staying home these days is the projects I can finally get completed.

I hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, she's a pretty one! I'm glad she arrived so quickly to you and you can be happy with that. We need small things to be happy right now. :)

    She looks so much better when you redressed her. I did the same with mine, maybe I will take some photos tomorrow.

    And the bench is great! I really like the color it has right now but I'm intrested in what color will you choose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a really lovely face. And I like that she doesn't have a toothy smile like classic Barbie. I definitely think she looks better re-dressed but that could be because I'm not a huge fan of her default outfit!

      The bench is still the original rough wood but I'm not really sure what colour yet. I plan to be able to use it in outdoor settings as well as indoor settings.

      Delete
  2. She is really very pretty and I also love her hair. I do like these jointed vinyl dolls. So these are made by Mattel too? I will have to have a look out for them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair is so amazing. I love how big it is. I also think the hairstyle will be perfect for a boho style for her. Yes, these dolls are made by Mattel. They are called the BMR1959 dolls.

      Delete
  3. She is beautiful and good that she arrived so fast to you! She looks great in her new clothes!
    The bench is nice, even without paint. :)
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really surprised. I was expecting mail to be delayed even domestically so I wasn't expecting her until maybe end of next week.

      The bench was so easy to put together. I meant to paint it today but ended up having a lazy day.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, Ivy is beautiful! I just saw her on Kamelia's blog too and while I said, that I don't really need another closed mouth Millie, now I'm starting to have doubts :D. She looks so much better without her cap and redressed!
    And the bench is great too :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew the sculpt name so I'm glad Kamelia posted she was a Millie. I never know the Barbie molds to be honest! She is really nice in person. I'm glad I got her but I am happy with my 3 BMR dolls and am not interested in getting the others. And I don't blame you for having doubts. She is certainly tempting!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of Millie headmold but the doll looks nice redressed. And I like her new name. The bench would look great in your forest set. How about adding an indoor fountain? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really paid much attention to the head mold to be honest, then again, I am not really up to date on what head mold is what in the Barbie world! I thought the same about the bench in the forest set. A fountain is a great idea. I am sure I have seen a tutorial for one somewhere.

      Delete