Thursday, 7 May 2020

BJD Crew and Dance of Seers

I've been saying for years that I want to do a group photo of my BJD collection but I never got around to it until today. This is my current collection (2009 - 2020). Obviously I've sold a lot of dolls during my collecting life but these are the ones who stayed. There is a total of 23 dolls.


It actually did not take as long as I thought it would. Maybe because they're all dressed and they all posed really well. I had them in this group standing for about 3 hours. No one fell! It didn't take me that long to do the shoot but as I rarely have them like this, I just wanted to keep them like this for a bit longer for my own enjoyment (and eye candy!).

At this point, hubby came in to see what I was doing and saw the group of dolls. His reaction was, "That is a lot of dolls!" I told him I have been collecting since 2009 so it wasn't like I purchased all of these overnight!

Seeing them like this, I am so happy with my crew. 



As I was putting them away (5 trips as the cabinet is downstairs and my craft room is upstairs and I can only carry a few of them at a time!!), I decided to take a quick snap of my Mystic Girls as I call them. Arianna my red haired witch, Ailsa my light bearing heroine, Mareth my studious mage and Serilda my blind seer.


And the not often seen Caleb. I have such a hard time styling fur wigs. He is my sassy as hell thief. He'll need a fantasy thief style outfit I suppose. I just haven't figure out what I want yet.


Inara stole my Mahalia's wig so I decided to try Inara's old wig on her. I don't mind the style but unsure about the colour. Thoughts?


Speaking of Inara, well I had to sneak a photo of her in because I am loving her so much in this wig. It was too big for Mahalia anyway as it's a 9-10inch wig and Mahalia takes a 8-9inch wig.
 
In addition to being a damn good Seeress, Serilda is also very good at the traditional dance of Caizar. Just because she's blind doesn't mean she can't move gracefully to music.

The inspiration for this series of photos came from listening to the following song:

Rain in Jiang - Nan Erhu Cover








Bonus Photo:


I really enjoyed doing this one. I could picture Serilda dancing to the music in my head, it's wistful, sad and yearning. During festivals and celebrations, the Emperor often allowed Serilda out of her tower to perform dances for his guests but she wasn't allowed to speak to anyone and was always accompanied by four guards and a Red Cabal Priest.

At one of these festivals, she caught the eye of the son of one of the guests. A Gentry family from Western Caizar. Her dance captivates him. His attempts to speak with her were thwarted of course. I'm tempted to shell him as he plays an important part in her story and later they fall in love with each other.

I had planned on getting some photos outside with Ydros but it suddenly rained and I couldn't do what I had planned. Maybe next time.

Happy Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. Serilda is beautiful, and so is her dress. I can imagine her dancing too.
    You have a lovely collection of BJDs, and it was nice to see them all together. I haven't done a group photo of mine in ages but think I have about the same amount as you....I need to do a head count!
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've been saying for the last 5 years that I need to get a group photo of my bjd collection and I just never did it. The task felt so daunting to me but in the end, it was scarier in my head than the actual reality. I had a lot of fun with them and I am so amazed that they all stood like champions for the photo.

      I had Serilda out so thought I'd take some quick photos of her doing a dance style poses. I wasn't sure if she could pull it off as she's only single jointed and her arms often doesn't stay in their pose but she did wonderfully yesterday. Must have just been my lucky day.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to see all your BJD's together Alasse. :) Bet you didn't tell hubby that there are many more dolls that were not included (IT dolls etc.) LOL! I love the photos of Serilda, she is very graceful for a single jointed doll.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite satisfied with the photo of my bjd collection. Although I'm tempted to making take the number to 25 because you know I can't just add one as I hate even numbers! A small Yo-SD boy would be fun. Not sure if I'll manage a body for Cosmo though because the resin difference might annoy me too much.

      I don't play with Serilda much so I'm glad I've been able to get the chance to do this with her the past few days.

      The IT collection photo is next on my list of group photos to do as they are the next big collection I have after the bjds.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful group photo! I should do this too, but mostly my dolls are in their boxes and I have two or three on my desk. Maybe one day!
    Serilda is so beautiful and I love the photos, her dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep my dolls in their boxes as well until the boxes got too many so I ended up getting display cabinets and recycling the boxes. I just don't have the space to keep so many empty boxes here. I think the only boxes I have for them is the box for the limited CP Minifee El, the MyDolling, the Bimong, the Dollshe boxes. I have recycled the rest. Which will make it hard if I decide to sell any of the others but I wouldn't ship in boxes anyway as the shipping prices for dolls in their original boxes is super expensive.

      I'm really glad I bought that dress for Serilda. It fits her quite well and just looks so graceful on her.

      Delete
  4. Your BJD crew is absolutely wonderful - so many colours, shapes, styles! So many beauties at once! And so many stories too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many stories I think sometimes! They all seem to have their individual stories as well as the main world story. But some characters just seem to demand their own stories.

      I'm pretty happy with my crew. I don't really want to add much more to them. Maybe another MSD doll. I don't even know if I'll be able to get Cosmo his body as I was looking at the space in the cabinet yesterday and it's really really tight!

      Delete
  5. Your doll crew is really impressive. I'm sure they require a lot of space. :) And a lot of clothes as well. But it's so much fun to see your characters emerging from the story and becoming "real".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a LOT of space. And I cannot fit any more display cabinets into my house! I already have 3 and they are incredibly full. Groaning with dolls in fact. I've got some collections spilling into my craft room cupboards and bookshelves because of the space issue.

      Lots of clothes, a lot that I no longer use since some of my dolls are in fantasy outfits now so they don't change out of that as it's their character costume. Too many wigs too. I really need to do a major clear out of stuff I don't use anymore.

      The only problem is new characters continually pop up in my head. It's quite annoying sometimes. And I have to remind myself that I am running out of display space.

      Delete
  6. They look stunning in the group. No wonder you kept them like this longer. I would do the same...
    Absolutely amazing collection, Alasse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rare for them to be grouped like this, mostly because it takes me 4-5 trips up and down the stairs just to get them. It's tiring! Particularly with the bigger dolls as they are heavy.

      Delete