Friday, 1 May 2020

The Scholar and The Healer

I have mentioned before that I was going to change one of my stories, the Urban Fantasy one 'The New World'. I feel like this story is better left to pure writing offline. I love the ideas for that story but I don't feel it is feasible to portray in doll form. Plus there are a ton of characters that I can't shell them all! My collection is already quite large as it is! I might be able to squeeze in one more SD (I already had plans for this so I will just assimilate him/her into the new story.)

So the title of the new story is 'Scion of Ages' and just like my fantasy story, 'Daughter of Fate', there is a protagonist. I will introduce him in another post. My story revolves around him.

I have update the BJD story page on the header tabs if you're curious.

The Theme Song for the story is: Imperial Dynasty.

The story is set in two Realms, The Heavenly Realm of the Immortals and The World Below (essentially earth).

The first of these Immortals to be introduced is Inara. (You may know her as the doll formerly known as Eve.) I changed her look and she stole Mahalia's wig (which is fine as I had planned on changing Mahalia's wig anyway now that I changed her from a Queen to an Empress.)



Inara is the former wife of Gwydion. Technically they are still married as Immortals mate for life and never divorce. But she left him and returned to the Heavenly Realm after a disagreement about a battle that happened at Talanor. (Gwydion lives on The World Below, out of choice despite being an Immortal - more on this in his bio on the story page.)




She's described by the other Immortals as "The Eternal Beauty". She is the original Healer, the Immortal who gifts the Temple Priestesses with the skills to heal both through the use of energy/spirit healing and herbal. But she can also be quite vengeful and prone to anger. She is skilled in the use of Twin Blades. A skill she teaches to the Temple Priestesses so they can protect themselves against those who seek to harm or defile them. Say what you will about this Immortal but she cares quite deeply for the Temple Priestesses. She founded their Order after all even though they serve all the Immortals not just her.

I feel like this would be her theme music: Endless Love

I decided to try and make an outfit for her. The fabric is the one wrapped around her. I honestly was not sure what her primary colour was going to be but when I saw this fabric and colour, I knew this was it. Hopefully it turns out.



This wig really suits everyone I think. I was mostly trying it on him to check for colour because I think he really suits the darker hair colours. I also changed out his eyes. The doll formerly known as Kaden. I've changed him to Gabriel and he is one of my Immortals. I am planning to get him a black wig, long of course and I'm already planning on what outfit I will buy for him. He's going to be my Immortal Scholar who lives in the mountains of the Heavenly Realm.

Gabriel also likes to play music. He is particularly enchanted by an ancient instrument he found during one of his studies of the history of The World Below. He had it made specifically to test it out and enjoys its soothing sounds and melody. (I plan to make this instrument myself with hubby's help of course.)

He had a twin brother, Matteo. He has been missing for the past one hundred years. His last sighting was on The World Below but despite Gabriel's best efforts, he has been unable to locate his brother. That doesn't mean he's given up the search.

I am still redesigning the last Immortal on my list, Lysandros (the doll formerly known as Nikolas).   He'll definitely be a grumpy no nonsense Immortal who has no patience for Court Etiquette which gets him in trouble quite a bit not that he cares one whit.

Didn't think I would be posting so soon after the last one but there you go. Strike while the iron is hot.

13 comments:

  1. It's good to know you're in a mood to write your stories. It seems I haven't written anything for ages. The pandemic and my dad's health problems have left me creatively drained.
    Wouldn't a black wig be too dark for Gabriel? He's quite pale. But on the other hand if he's grumpy he'll look more austere in black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Health concerns of a family member would do that to you. I hope your Dad will be okay. It's always tough when family gets ill. I'm having the same situation here with my Dad who will have to go in for surgery soon.

      I think for me, keeping my mind busy during times such as these helps me to keep my sanity and balance. As far as the pandemic, not going out anywhere is fine with me. I'm not a social butterfly anyway and would rather stay home than go out anywhere if given a choice. So it hasn't really changed my life that drastically. Other than not seeing my family - that's the only big change but I talk to them on the phone so it makes it easier.

      Oh the grumpy comment was for Lysandros, my Dollshe Saint. Gabriel's temperment is quite mild, he's pleasant to everyone. I feel a black or soft black wig will be that contrast I am looking for between his paleness and the wig's colour. And because his face up is so heavy, I find it balances it out. In comparison to my Dollshe Saint who has a much softer and more subtle face, I tend to use light colours with him.

      I just love very bold contrasts personally.

      Delete
  2. Now I am totally confused Alasse ... but give me time and I'll work it all out. LOL!

    Both dolls look great with the wig/eye changes BTW. The green suits Inara, especially with her eye colour. I'm pleased to see you having a go at sewing their costumes too. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word here being 'have a go' not necessarily being successful as I don't think I am very good at sewing. Plus I am using satin so ... already that is a hard fabric to work with but it falls nicely and the way I want so it is perfect for her. I think I am going to make a waist cinch for the outfit instead of what I had originally planned.

      I was hoping to have started on it today but ran out of time.

      Delete
  3. This new story is shaping quite nicely! I can't wait to see new costumes for the characters you are developing. Yes, sometimes the story is just too big to be put in the dolly form. I had the same problem, and that's why the story of Tien, Xian and the others ended as a separate section from the rest (this story have much too much charaters, and some of them would be very difficult to put in the doll form).
    Inara seems like a very strong woman and I have soft spot for a dual-wielding warriors. I already like her :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwydion's outfit is a bit of a indicator of the type of exotic style my Immortals will be wearing. Of course, the mortal characters will be in typical casual gear I already have so no changes to them.

      I think the problem with those who create such epic stories for our dolls is the temptation to shell every character in the story and while that's a great idea, it's so costly to do and not always feasible.

      Whenever I play most RPGs (and hack and slash games) my characters are always dual-wielders. I just really love how they fight with two weapons. Usually it's swords but every now and then, I have dual axe wielding characters. Mostly because I just run head first into a group of enemies and go wild on them. There's only one time I've ever played a ranger character but I usually have to keep my distance when I play those characters otherwise they tend to die quickly!! Useful though for some hard bosses that you can't get close enough to in order to smash them with your weapons.

      Delete
    2. This is almost exactly my playstyle :)! Whatever I'm using, must be quick - it may be katana or other type of one-handed sword, may be dual daggers or double lance. I'm really bad with ranged characters (I'm too impatient) and even worse with slow, strong types with double-handed swords, axes or warhammers.

      Delete
  4. You are so imaginative Alasse, and so creative. I love all the stories you have behind your doll characters.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon for such kind words. I just love to come up with stories. I just wish I could write fast enough to get all of them down but I get story ideas every day. I used to have a book I would jot them down in. I need to start that back up again.

      Delete
  5. A dark wig would suit Gabriel well and bring out that pale skin of his.
    Irana looks beautiful and your stories are amazing to read!
    I am not even close in my stories for the dolls. Some do not even have a story. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a soft black wig or a black, the soft black would pull back just a little on the boldness and the pure black would highlight it even more. It depends which of the styles I want will come in which of these two colours.

      I think it's perfectly fine not to have stories for your dolls. I have Non-story characters that are just characters I have for fun (mostly my smaller dolls.) I just can't help but make up stories for the dolls I have. It's a habit.

      Delete
  6. Inara is definitely a Beauty. I love the combination of her eye colour (amazing!), hair and the fabric you choose. It is just perfect. I hope you will make the dress the way you want. :)

    And I love the new look of Gabriel. Maybe sometimes changes are necessary. His pale skin, dark hair and those mesmerizing eyes look just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too although I'm not holding my breath. It's a slippery fabric so I'm not sure how I will go. I haven't used my sewing machine in a long time so it will be interesting to see if I remember how to load the thread!

      He was just trying out that wig for colour but the wig I plan to get him is the same colour but will be a different style.

      Delete