Monday, 9 July 2018

A Complicated Man

In a previous post, I mentioned about my Dollzone Hid. For those who haven't been reading my blog for very long, this doll was almost my very first doll. He didn't end up being my first but I did get him a couple of years later and in tan. Sadly, Dollzone tan resin seems to change a lot these days but back then, they had a pretty awesome tan. It wasn't as dark as previous years but it was still a nice colour.


He is a difficult doll to wig. I originally had a spite and malice wig made for him with a purple front section to go with his eyes. I love the colour scheme but I am horrid at trying to style fur wigs. (Anyone have tips?) Recently I tried this long black wig on him but I still don't like it on him at all.




 I do think he better suits a shorter more wild looking wig. And as much as I love this outfit, I also don't think it suits him at all. I've changed his name to Ezekiel as I am playing around with the character profiles again. The problem is I try to make a story complicated instead of doing the K.I.S.S. method. The more complicated and convoluted, the more overwhelmed I get so I have to force myself to reign it in and pull it back.



And just to end this post with a photo of Princess Leia. My nendoroid girl arrived on Friday but I couldn't pick her up until today. She's amazing. I just need R2-D2 as she has the hands and pose to do that scene where she's recording a message to Obi-Wan.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

6 comments:

  1. I think Hid is like wine - it's an old sculpt but it's not a drawback. On the contrary, he's one of those sculpts with timeless beauty. I love his eyes and his faceup. That wig is not bad but yes, I think you're right, a shorter and a bit messy one would be better. He has sort of rebellious look.
    And Leia is cute. But I suppose Chewbacca would be even cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an unusual sculpt. He reminds me of a lot of the older sculpts that were much more stylised than the sculpts of today.

      I don't think I've seen a Chewbecca one in this line but there's definitely Luke and Han.

      Delete
  2. His face is beautiful! The wig you had made sounds very nice! Especially with his eye colour. I can't help you with styling tips, the only fur wig I ever had, I cut short (which was surprisingly easy and it looked good too, but that could have been purely coincidental lol :-) ). Princes Leia is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to post a photo of him wearing it. I think the fur wigs suit him better as I can make them messy looking and he seems that type of character!

      Delete
  3. He is a very intresting doll. His eyes has this vibrant look that make you shiver.

    And Leia is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to find him the right wig and then I think we'll be set.

      Delete