Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Fire in the Sky

Skylar got her new wig today. Finally, the colour I've been searching for since she came back last year with her new xhanthi face up. This colour is hard to get at a lot of places that sell wigs. It seems like this colour isn't widely produced for some reason. It's either deep dark red, auburn red or wine red or that fluro red. "Carrot" red doesn't seem to be in abundance with these styles of wigs. You can get them for mohair wigs but not heat resistent wigs.

I love how she looks now, exactly as I want her. I always knew I wanted to couple vivid bright red hair with white skin.

  

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you. I've been wanting wig like that too. I even bought wig called "carrot red" and how dissapointed I was when it came and it was just another "wine red" instead.
    Where did you get this one?

    Your girl looks so pretty and noble! You should definitely post some more pictures of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange that this shade of red just isn't stocked as a regular colour. I searched everywhere and it made it harder because I wanted a specific style as well.

      I love the style and quality of the brown wig I have which I bought off the MP. So I hunted for one similar.

      I found this, which I think is a Dollga wig, sold through Leekeworld for a limited 4-day sale in this colour. They don't stock the colour as a regular.

      I haven't bought from Leekeworld before and I don't really like to but they were the only place that had this colour and style.

      I wonder if Dollga actually have a site or whether they only sell through Leekeworld because their wigs are actually quite soft and of a pretty good quality.

      Delete
    2. I tried to find the company I bought my beautiful carrot wig but they don't seem to exist anymore. It's weird. Maybe they changed name. They were called "Glib" and I bought their wig through Luts. It's beautiful, perfect carrot red and it's synthetic mohair, not faux fur but mohair.

      I feel so lucky to have it because I can't find anything like that anymore.

      Well, for me Leeke doesn't exist, even if they were to sell perfect wig for my Beatrix I just won't forgive them what they did to those french artists.

      Dollga used to have their site but no longer. I checked that too after Leeke got on my black list. I think Dollga now belongs to them.

      Delete
    3. Quite a few companies stock Glib wigs. I think MyDolling do as well as Dollmore. I know both of those have some Glib eyes and wigs.

      I keep hoping Luts will restock some of their sold out wigs.

      Delete