Sunday, 24 February 2013

Skylar

 
 
My name is Skylar Morris. I'm what you'd call a counselor, but my official name is Human Relations Officer. It sounds a little more pretentious and hides the fact that I'm employed by GENESIS to help their employees destress from their demanding jobs.
 
I'm at the bottom of the food chain so my 'office' is on Level 1. At least it's not the ground level.
 
I married Kaed Morris. He works in the restricted access sections on Level 7. I love my husband but he's also my ticket into GENESIS. It's how I got the job. You can judge me if you want, but I'll do what I have to do to find out the truth.
 
Five years ago, my brother's motorcyle went off the Stonehart bridge. His body was never found. They ruled it as a suicide. Simple, neat. The case was closed. But I know my brother like no one else and he was not suicidal. He had a bright future ahead of him. He had a lot to live for. He was getting a promotion soon at this top notch facility in Haven Hollow. The company specialised in genetic research. The name of this company was GENESIS.
 
So here I am, five years later with my foot in the snake's mouth and for the first time, I feel I'm getting closer to something big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment